semi-OT : mySQL oddities

Bob Sneidar via use-livecode
Hi list,
I'm not 100% sure yet, but I think I'm experiencing some problems with
mySQL 5.6.41 and LC server, the most annoying one being random duplicate
entries in some tables, especially the biggest ones, for instance 71 Mb
and nearly 140000 entries.
I have searched the web for more info and have found a few posts on
stackoverflow and some other blogs mentioning problems with autoincrement,
but the symptoms are slightly different...
I was wondering if anyone had experienced similar issues ?

Thanks in advance.
Best,
jbv

Re: semi-OT : mySQL oddities

Bob Sneidar via use-livecode
I use mySQL 5.6 running on a Windows server. I do not have this issue. The only way LC will add a record is with the insert command. I suspect there is someplace in your code where you expect to update, and it's inserting instead.

I wrap my database commands in a series of commands and functions, all of which put the current user name (I have a login system in place) and the datetime the update was made. Something like that might help you determine when the updates were made.

Bob S

> On Oct 9, 2018, at 14:13 , jbv via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi list,
> I'm not 100% sure yet, but I think I'm experiencing some problems with
> mySQL 5.6.41 and LC server, the most annoying one being random duplicate
> entries in some tables, especially the biggest ones, for instance 71 Mb
> and nearly 140000 entries.
> I have searched the web for more info and have found a few posts on
> stackoverflow and some other blogs mentioning problems with autoincrement,
> but the symptoms are slightly different...
> I was wondering if anyone had experienced similar issues ?
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Best,
> jbv

Re: semi-OT : mySQL oddities

Bob Sneidar via use-livecode
Oh BTW I use autoincrement on all my tables for the primary key.

Bob S