sending javascript to browser widget?

Skip Kimpel via use-livecode
Hi Peeps, can anyone clarify for me if its possible to have a browser
widget on a card and send javascript commands to it?

Can I for example put text (login & password) into fields on the page if I
know the names of the field controls?

Can I trigger the login button?

Looking for workarounds for the lack of cookie support in the browser
widget. (so i'm trying to do auto login)

Unless it does support cookies?!?!!? Will it ever?

Thank you.

Re: sending javascript to browser widget?

Skip Kimpel via use-livecode
I'm going to say that Javascript is written to prevent you from doing that. Javascript sandboxes their commands and functions so that only certain ones are visible from outside the applications "sandbox". They call it Scope and Context.

Here is a good article on it which helped me understand why I could not access certain commands and functions outside Acrobat:

http://ryanmorr.com/understanding-scope-and-context-in-javascript/

If you can set a username and password in a web page javascript control, then you can probably GET them too. The reason why plugins like password managers work is because they operate inside the context of the browser application itself. Of course, all of my posts are subject to scrutiny and correction.

Bob S

> On Jul 31, 2018, at 11:03 , Tom Glod via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Peeps, can anyone clarify for me if its possible to have a browser
> widget on a card and send javascript commands to it?
>
> Can I for example put text (login & password) into fields on the page if I
> know the names of the field controls?
>
> Can I trigger the login button?
>
> Looking for workarounds for the lack of cookie support in the browser
> widget. (so i'm trying to do auto login)
>
> Unless it does support cookies?!?!!? Will it ever?
>
> Thank you.

Re: sending javascript to browser widget?

Skip Kimpel via use-livecode
Yeah..... cool.....thanks for that .....I figured as much ,,,,,, it would
make sense why these kinds of protections would exist........ but imagine
what could be done without them...lol....

So how bout those cookies? for the browser?  is there any possible
workaround to log into twitter or facebook using the browser ? and not be
asked the password each time?

I know that accessing  api is the next option....but I actually wanted the
actual sites in a lc browser widget without having to log in every time.

Yeah.... maybe i will do a more detailed search to see what has been posted
on the subject of browser cookies.

maybe its a lc 10 feature ... local storage for browser widgets.  can't a
cookie be a custom property of a browser widget? :D :D :D

http://runtime-revolution.278305.n4.nabble.com/Browser-Widget-HTML5-LC-Integration-td4712003.html

On Tue, Jul 31, 2018 at 4:06 PM, Tom Glod <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Yeah..... cool.....thanks for that .....I figured as much ,,,,,, it would
> make sense why these kinds of protections would exist........ but imagine
> what could be done without them...lol....
>
> So how bout those cookies? for the browser?  is there any possible
> workaround to log into twitter or facebook using the browser ? and not be
> asked the password each time?
>
> I know that accessing  api is the next option....but I actually wanted the
> actual sites in a lc browser widget without having to log in every time.
>
> Yeah.... maybe i will do a more detailed search to see what has been
> posted on the subject of browser cookies.
>
> maybe its a lc 10 feature ... local storage for browser widgets.  can't a
> cookie be a custom property of a browser widget? :D :D :D
>

> On Tue, Jul 31, 2018 at 2:56 PM, Bob Sneidar via use-livecode <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I'm going to say that Javascript is written to prevent you from doing
>> that. Javascript sandboxes their commands and functions so that only
>> certain ones are visible from outside the applications "sandbox". They call
>> it Scope and Context.
>>
>> Here is a good article on it which helped me understand why I could not
>> access certain commands and functions outside Acrobat:
>>
>> http://ryanmorr.com/understanding-scope-and-context-in-javascript/
>>
>> If you can set a username and password in a web page javascript control,
>> then you can probably GET them too. The reason why plugins like password
>> managers work is because they operate inside the context of the browser
>> application itself. Of course, all of my posts are subject to scrutiny and
>> correction.
>>
>> Bob S
>>

>> > On Jul 31, 2018, at 11:03 , Tom Glod via use-livecode <
>> [hidden email]> wrote:
>> >
>> > Hi Peeps, can anyone clarify for me if its possible to have a browser
>> > widget on a card and send javascript commands to it?
>> >
>> > Can I for example put text (login & password) into fields on the page
>> if I
>> > know the names of the field controls?
>> >
>> > Can I trigger the login button?
>> >
>> > Looking for workarounds for the lack of cookie support in the browser
>> > widget. (so i'm trying to do auto login)
>> >
>> > Unless it does support cookies?!?!!? Will it ever?
>> >
>> > Thank you.

Re: sending javascript to browser widget?

Skip Kimpel via use-livecode
*on* mouseUp

*local* js_do

*put* "document.getElementById('email').value='mylogin'" into js_do

*do* js_do in widget "Browser 1"

*put* "document.getElementById('pass').value='mypass'" into js_do

*do* js_do in widget "Browser 1"

*put* "document.getElementById('login_form').submit();" into js_do

*do* js_do in widget "Browser 1"

*end* mouseUp

this will log you into facebook. :D :D :D