Quantcast

set the points of a widget

Does anyone know why when I do this:

*set the points of widget "QQQ" to fld "FANCYPOINTS"*

while the points are set, the image does NOT change?

Re: set the points of a widget

Hi Richmond,

> Am 10.05.2017 um 16:33 schrieb Richmond via use-livecode <[hidden email]>:
>
> Does anyone know why when I do this:
> *set the points of widget "QQQ" to fld "FANCYPOINTS"*
> while the points are set, the image does NOT change?

it might help if you tell us WHAT kind of widget you are trying to modify!

If in doubt, the dictionary lists all possible properties for each widget.
See the pulldown menu at the top left in the dictionary -> Choose API:...

> Richmond.

Best

Klaus

--
Klaus Major
http://www.major-k.de

Re: set the points of a widget

*com.livecode.widget.svgpath*

On 10.05.2017 17:39, Klaus major-k via use-livecode wrote:

> Hi Richmond,
>
>> Am 10.05.2017 um 16:33 schrieb Richmond via use-livecode <[hidden email]>:
>>
>> Does anyone know why when I do this:
>> *set the points of widget "QQQ" to fld "FANCYPOINTS"*
>> while the points are set, the image does NOT change?
> it might help if you tell us WHAT kind of widget you are trying to modify!
>
> If in doubt, the dictionary lists all possible properties for each widget.
> See the pulldown menu at the top left in the dictionary -> Choose API:...
>
>> Richmond.
> Best
>
> Klaus
>
> --
> Klaus Major
> http://www.major-k.de

Re: set the points of a widget

Hi Richmond,

> Am 10.05.2017 um 16:42 schrieb Richmond via use-livecode <[hidden email]>:
>
> *com.livecode.widget.svgpath*

aha, and what does the dictionary tell you about its settable properties?
I do not see "points" listed there. 8-)

> On 10.05.2017 17:39, Klaus major-k via use-livecode wrote:
>> Hi Richmond,
>>
>>> Am 10.05.2017 um 16:33 schrieb Richmond via use-livecode <[hidden email]>:
>>>
>>> Does anyone know why when I do this:
>>> *set the points of widget "QQQ" to fld "FANCYPOINTS"*
>>> while the points are set, the image does NOT change?
>> it might help if you tell us WHAT kind of widget you are trying to modify!
>>
>> If in doubt, the dictionary lists all possible properties for each widget.
>> See the pulldown menu at the top left in the dictionary -> Choose API:...

Best

Klaus

--
Klaus Major
http://www.major-k.de

Re: set the points of a widget

Whoops: the points (meaning the path data) are *NOT* set . . .

Tried:

*set the pathData*

I may be going bonkers . . .

R.

On 10.05.2017 17:33, Richmond wrote:

> Does anyone know why when I do this:
>
> *set the points of widget "QQQ" to fld "FANCYPOINTS"*
>
> while the points are set, the image does NOT change?
>

> Richmond.

Re: set the points of a widget

Nope: there is almost nothing that seems user settable.

Not much use.

R.

On 10.05.2017 17:45, Klaus major-k via use-livecode wrote:

> Hi Richmond,
>
>> Am 10.05.2017 um 16:42 schrieb Richmond via use-livecode <[hidden email]>:
>>
>> *com.livecode.widget.svgpath*
> aha, and what does the dictionary tell you about its settable properties?
> I do not see "points" listed there. 8-)
>
>> On 10.05.2017 17:39, Klaus major-k via use-livecode wrote:
>>> Hi Richmond,

>>> it might help if you tell us WHAT kind of widget you are trying to modify!
>>>
>>> If in doubt, the dictionary lists all possible properties for each widget.
>>> See the pulldown menu at the top left in the dictionary -> Choose API:...
> Best
>
> Klaus
>
> --
> Klaus Major
> http://www.major-k.de

Re: set the points of a widget

Hi Richmond,

> Am 10.05.2017 um 16:49 schrieb Richmond via use-livecode <[hidden email]>:
>
> Nope: there is almost nothing that seems user settable.
> Not much use.

oh, come on!

I'll give you a hint, it is the sixth entry in the list in the dictionary.

> R.

Best

Klaus

--
Klaus Major
http://www.major-k.de

Re: set the points of a widget

Right: Gottit:

*set the iconPath of widget "QQQ" to fld "GUFF"*

thanks, Richmond.

On 10.05.2017 17:45, Klaus major-k via use-livecode wrote:

> Hi Richmond,
>
>> Am 10.05.2017 um 16:42 schrieb Richmond via use-livecode <[hidden email]>:
>>
>> *com.livecode.widget.svgpath*
> aha, and what does the dictionary tell you about its settable properties?
> I do not see "points" listed there. 8-)
>
>> On 10.05.2017 17:39, Klaus major-k via use-livecode wrote:
>>> Hi Richmond,

>>> it might help if you tell us WHAT kind of widget you are trying to modify!
>>>
>>> If in doubt, the dictionary lists all possible properties for each widget.
>>> See the pulldown menu at the top left in the dictionary -> Choose API:...
> Best
>
> Klaus
>
> --
> Klaus Major
> http://www.major-k.de

Re: set the points of a widget

On 10.05.2017 17:51, Klaus major-k via use-livecode wrote:
> Hi Richmond,
>
>> Am 10.05.2017 um 16:49 schrieb Richmond via use-livecode <[hidden email]>:
>>
>> Nope: there is almost nothing that seems user settable.
>> Not much use.
> oh, come on!
>
> I'll give you a hint, it is the sixth entry in the list in the dictionary.
*Just finished about 6 hours nonstop teaching . . .*

>> R.
> Best
>
> Klaus
>
> --
> Klaus Major
> http://www.major-k.de

Re: set the points of a widget

Hi Richmond,

> Am 10.05.2017 um 16:53 schrieb Richmond via use-livecode <[hidden email]>:
> On 10.05.2017 17:51, Klaus major-k via use-livecode wrote:
>> Hi Richmond,
>>> Am 10.05.2017 um 16:49 schrieb Richmond via use-livecode <[hidden email]>:
>>> Nope: there is almost nothing that seems user settable.
>>> Not much use.
>> oh, come on!
>> I'll give you a hint, it is the sixth entry in the list in the dictionary.
> *Just finished about 6 hours nonstop teaching . . .*

then get some sleep, mate, instead of doing intellectually highly challenging work! :-D

>>> R.

Best

Klaus

--