slide show questions???

Ban Nguyen
Hello

I am using this code I found from this list:

I create a substack and put this code into it:

"
global the_advancing

on openCard
  send advanceSlide to me in 2 seconds
  global the_advancing
  put the result into the_advancing
end openCard

on advanceSlide
  visual dissolve
  go next cd
end advanceSlide

on mouseUp
  global the_advancing
end mouseUp

"
Then I create 4 cards, each card has one image.

It works fine but the substack pops up when I open the script panel.

I wrote "close stack "gallery"" because I want to close this substack so
user can click on other button

Ay idea, please help

Re: slide show questions???

Eric Chatonet
Hi Ban,

I really don't know where you have found this weird code ;-)
You might try something like the following you will put in your
stack's script:

on openCard
   if the number of this cd = the number of cds then exit to top
   -- slide show is finished
   send NextSlide to me in 2 seconds
end openCard
-----
on NextSlide
   visual effect dissolve -- [very] slow, [very] fast, etc.
   go next cd
end NextSlide

Le 12 juil. 05 à 22:49, Ban Nguyen a écrit :

> I am using this code I found from this list:
>
> I create a substack and put this code into it:
>
> "
> global the_advancing
>
> on openCard
>   send advanceSlide to me in 2 seconds
>   global the_advancing
>   put the result into the_advancing
> end openCard
>
> on advanceSlide
>   visual dissolve
>   go next cd
> end advanceSlide
>
> on mouseUp
>   global the_advancing
> end mouseUp

Best Regards from Paris,

Eric Chatonet.
So Smart Software

RE: slide show questions???

Ban Nguyen

You might try something like the following you will put in your
stack's script:

on openCard
   if the number of this cd = the number of cds then exit to top
   -- slide show is finished
   send NextSlide to me in 2 seconds
end openCard
-----
on NextSlide
   visual effect dissolve -- [very] slow, [very] fast, etc.
   go next cd
end NextSlide

Thanks for your help

I tried this and it work fine but it pops up on top of other card and
play
I have 1 main stack: Home
And 3 substacks: gallery, about, and partner

Stack gallery has 4 cards: pic1, pic2, pic3, pic4
I put the above script into gallery's stack

On the home stack I have 4 buttons : Home, gallery, about, partner.  I
put this code "go stack ....." into each button

For some reason after clicking on gallery (see it fine with the slide
show) but after I clicked on the next button (example button about to go
to about page) the gallery pops up on top of it.  Don't know why......

Please help thank you very much

Re: slide show questions???

Klaus major-k
Hi Ban,

> You might try something like the following you will put in your
> stack's script:
>
> on openCard
>    if the number of this cd = the number of cds then exit to top
>    -- slide show is finished
>    send NextSlide to me in 2 seconds
> end openCard
> -----
> on NextSlide
>    visual effect dissolve -- [very] slow, [very] fast, etc.
>    go next cd
> end NextSlide

> Thanks for your help
>
> I tried this and it work fine but it pops up on top of other card and
> play
> I have 1 main stack: Home
> And 3 substacks: gallery, about, and partner
>
> Stack gallery has 4 cards: pic1, pic2, pic3, pic4
> I put the above script into gallery's stack
>
> On the home stack I have 4 buttons : Home, gallery, about, partner.  I
> put this code "go stack ....." into each button
>
> For some reason after clicking on gallery (see it fine with the slide
> show) but after I clicked on the next button (example button about
> to go
> to about page) the gallery pops up on top of it.  Don't know why......
>
> Please help thank you very much

i think that you did not tell the slide show to STOP!
That's why the stack will pop up forever every 2 seconds, if closed ;-)

You need to add these two lines somewhere in your scripts to
actually stop the slide:

global the_advancing
cancel the_advancing ##!!!
go stack "whatsoever..."

This will really cancel the slide and you can start it again if you
need...

Regards

Klaus Major
[hidden email]