small discovery RE 'visual effect' command

small discovery RE 'visual effect' command

Phil Davis
I just discovered an undocumented feature: you can use the 'visual
effect' command in conjunction with 'unlock screen' as well as with
'go'. Like so:

   hide btn 1
   lock screen
   show btn 1
   visual effect dissolve very fast
   unlock screen -- btn 1 will dissolve into view

FWIW -
Phil Davis

Re: small discovery RE 'visual effect' command

Klaus major-k
Hi Phil,

> I just discovered an undocumented feature:

not soooo undocumented ;-)

Its under "show" and "hide"...

> you can use the 'visual effect' command in conjunction with 'unlock
> screen' as well as with 'go'. Like so:
>
>   hide btn 1
>   lock screen
>   show btn 1
>   visual effect dissolve very fast
>   unlock screen -- btn 1 will dissolve into view

Or much shorter:
show btn 1 with visual dissolve very fast
## or hide...

Lock/unlock screen is only necessary here, if you show/hide more than
1 object...

> FWIW -
> Phil Davis

Regards

Klaus Major
[hidden email]
http://www.major-k.de

Re: small discovery RE 'visual effect' command

Phil Davis
Hi Klaus -

Klaus Major wrote:

> Hi Phil,
>
>> I just discovered an undocumented feature:
>

> not soooo undocumented ;-)
>
> Its under "show" and "hide"...
>
>> you can use the 'visual effect' command in conjunction with 'unlock
>> screen' as well as with 'go'. Like so:
>>
>>   hide btn 1
>>   lock screen
>>   show btn 1
>>   visual effect dissolve very fast
>>   unlock screen -- btn 1 will dissolve into view

So... people *do* read Web Notes! I added that one just before posting.

Phil

Re: small discovery RE 'visual effect' command

Klaus major-k
Hi Phil,

> Hi Klaus -
>
> Klaus Major wrote:
>
>> Hi Phil,
>>
>>> I just discovered an undocumented feature:
>>>
>> not soooo undocumented ;-)
>> Its under "show" and "hide"...
>>
>>> you can use the 'visual effect' command in conjunction with
>>> 'unlock  screen' as well as with 'go'. Like so:
>>>   hide btn 1
>>>   lock screen
>>>   show btn 1
>>>   visual effect dissolve very fast
>>>   unlock screen -- btn 1 will dissolve into view
>>>
> So... people *do* read Web Notes!
> I added that one just before posting.

I hope I will not diappoint you, but I did not read your webnote,
cause I knew this since the
first (windows) version of Metacard came out in 1999 ;-)

> Phil

Regards

Klaus Major
[hidden email]