standalone settings .zip

Matt Maier
I haven't actually build a standalone in many months, so perhaps my memory
is fooling me.

Did Livecode used to automatically create .zip files for each of the
platforms?

I'm using Indy 8.1.1 at the moment. It's not creating separate .zip copies
and there's no option for that in the standalone settings. However, I
remember my old workflow being to upload the .zip copies to github as a
release.

Matt

Re: standalone settings .zip

Keith Martin
That'd be nice – but if it's possible it's news to me. I've use a
third-party zip tool to avoid including Mac-specific ghost files in zip
archives for Windows users. :-/

On 4 Jan 2017, at 17:45, Matt Maier wrote:

> I haven't actually build a standalone in many months, so perhaps my
> memory
> is fooling me.
>
> Did Livecode used to automatically create .zip files for each of the
> platforms?
>
> I'm using Indy 8.1.1 at the moment. It's not creating separate .zip
> copies
> and there's no option for that in the standalone settings. However, I
> remember my old workflow being to upload the .zip copies to github as
> release.
>
> Matt

---

Keith Martin
Senior Lecturer, LCC (University of the Arts London)
Technical Editor, MacUser magazine (1997-2015)
http://PanoramaPhotographer.com
http://thatkeith.com
+44 (0)7909541365

---

Re: standalone settings .zip

Thierry Douez
the zip command line utility (in Terminal)  can do this:

zip Targetdir.zip -x \*.DS_Store -r Sourcedir

This can be executed with the LC shell() function...

On 5 Jan 2017, at 10:14, Thierry Douez wrote:

> the zip command line utility (in Terminal)  can do this:
>
> zip Targetdir.zip -x \*.DS_Store -r Sourcedir
>
> This can be executed with the LC shell() function...

Sweet! That's really good to know, thanks. :)

---