standalones and run-time errors

Jon-3
I have been developing an application and, from time to time, when it
looks like it's working OK, converting it into a standalone.

Recently, a run-time ("execution"?) error occurred in the standalone.  I
had no idea this was happening, but when I went back to the Rev
development IDE, the error popped up, and I fixed it.

I can find nothing in the documentation about how run-time errors are
handled (or not) in standalones. Coming from Pascal as I do, I would far
prefer knowing about errors than having them hidden.

How is this supposed to work?  Can one select whether errors are
reported in a standalone, or not?

:)

Jon

Re: standalones and run-time errors

Richard Gaskin
Jon wrote:

> I have been developing an application and, from time to time, when it
> looks like it's working OK, converting it into a standalone.
>
> Recently, a run-time ("execution"?) error occurred in the standalone.  I
> had no idea this was happening, but when I went back to the Rev
> development IDE, the error popped up, and I fixed it.
>
> I can find nothing in the documentation about how run-time errors are
> handled (or not) in standalones. Coming from Pascal as I do, I would far
> prefer knowing about errors than having them hidden.
>
> How is this supposed to work?  Can one select whether errors are
> reported in a standalone, or not?

Most script errors generate an errorDialog message, which is trapped in
the IDE to present the error dialog.  You can include that dialog in
your standalone in the last tab of the Application Builder Settings.

  Managing Editor, revJournal