strange message watcher window

Jon-3
I'd not used the Message Watcher until this morning.  I was a bit
surprised to see the Clear button on top of what seemed to be a data
entry field, and the data entry field lying on top of the Suppress
button. Am I being too picky, or misunderstanding the UI?

www.jonbondy.com/rev.jpg

:)

Jon

Re: strange message watcher window

Pat Trendler
Jon,
 Just resize the width (drag) of the window. I think from memory it stays
put once you've done that.
Not sure if this still happens in the latest build (108).

You can also lose buttons on the script error window if it isn't wide
enough - fooled me at first.

Pat
[hidden email]

> I'd not used the Message Watcher until this morning.  I was a bit
> surprised to see the Clear button on top of what seemed to be a data entry
> field, and the data entry field lying on top of the Suppress button. Am I
> being too picky, or misunderstanding the UI?
>
> www.jonbondy.com/rev.jpg
>
> :)
>
> Jon

The television will be Revolutionised! - first coding sprint

david bovill
                                   Or should that be "The revolution
will not be Televised"?

I am excited to announce the first Revolution coding sprint for the
new digital television era!  I've just put up a wiki page for those
of you from the Rev community interested in the project:

     http://www.ccproducer.org/ctv/wiki/TvRevolution

A small group of us are going into the mountains of Austria to
prototype and specify a Revolution based framework for digital
television production. We will also specify and build a first
prototype of a cross-platform Rev based app which takes RSS feeds
from podcasts and video blogs (vlogs) in order to play full screen
H264 encoded video over the internet (DTV Player).

It will be hopefully the first of several similar sprints taking
place over the next 3 months resulting an open source distribution
for TV workflow based on Revolution and a variety of open source
backend services which we are calling - ccProducer.

The aim is to have this finished together with the DTV Player by the
end of November this year. Should be a good test of Rev's rapid
application development. For anyone interested in this project you
can check out the new Trac and subversion based development wiki:

     http://ccproducer.org/ctv/

The video blogging system is to be based on WordPress and can be
found on the same server at:

     http://ccproducer.org/wordpress/

Warning - it's a new server and not everything is installed properly
yet - we are working on subversion as we speak!

Digital Signatures and SSL

david bovill
I need a couple of things from the opnSSL library that i can't find
in the Rev docs:

     1) SHA1 digital signatures
     2) AES - why is this not in the list of cypher names?

Thanx in advance (if anyone has a clue :)

Re: The television will be Revolutionised! - first coding sprint

Andre Garzia
Some years ago, I used Rev to code our chromakey based character
generator for our TV show... it works fine!!! :P

If you're trying to build things for TV I think you should look into
Trevors Quicktime External which can do some nice tricks with Videos.
Also if you fell confortable with AppleScript you can then script
Quartz Composer thus creating a nice presentation full of bells and
whistles.

beware that you'll not be able to re-encode the vlog feeds in
realtime, I don't know what kind of video processing app you're
building, if you're aiming at TV Broadcasting, then you don't need H.
264. IF you deliver on the web, well, then you don't need realtime =)

good luck

cheers
andre

PS: Ken Ray XML Library makes a good job parsing RSS Feeds, beware of
spec war, there are at least 3 RSS specs out there in the wild, also
podcast is not standard yet, videocast is also not a standard... also
there are ATOM feeds with video links and audio links... irgh!

On Aug 21, 2005, at 11:40 AM, david bovill wrote:

>                                   Or should that be "The revolution
> will not be Televised"?
>
> I am excited to announce the first Revolution coding sprint for the
> new digital television era!  I've just put up a wiki page for those
> of you from the Rev community interested in the project:
>
>     http://www.ccproducer.org/ctv/wiki/TvRevolution
>
> A small group of us are going into the mountains of Austria to
> prototype and specify a Revolution based framework for digital
> television production. We will also specify and build a first
> prototype of a cross-platform Rev based app which takes RSS feeds
> from podcasts and video blogs (vlogs) in order to play full screen
> H264 encoded video over the internet (DTV Player).
>
> It will be hopefully the first of several similar sprints taking
> place over the next 3 months resulting an open source distribution
> for TV workflow based on Revolution and a variety of open source
> backend services which we are calling - ccProducer.
>
> The aim is to have this finished together with the DTV Player by
> the end of November this year. Should be a good test of Rev's rapid
> application development. For anyone interested in this project you
> can check out the new Trac and subversion based development wiki:
>
>     http://ccproducer.org/ctv/
>
> The video blogging system is to be based on WordPress and can be
> found on the same server at:
>
>     http://ccproducer.org/wordpress/
>
> Warning - it's a new server and not everything is installed
> properly yet - we are working on subversion as we speak!

Re: strange message watcher window

mwieder
Jon-

Sunday, August 21, 2005, 4:52:21 AM, you wrote:

> button. Am I being too picky, or misunderstanding the UI?

Neither, I think. It's weird. Very weird.

--
-Mark Wieder

 ahsoftware@gmail.com

Re: strange message watcher window

mwieder
Pat-

Sunday, August 21, 2005, 5:19:50 AM, you wrote:

> You can also lose buttons on the script error window if it isn't wide
> enough - fooled me at first.

Still fools me now and then.

--
-Mark Wieder

 ahsoftware@gmail.com

Re: The television will be Revolutionised! - first coding sprint

mwieder
Andre-

Sunday, August 21, 2005, 9:48:17 AM, you wrote:

> PS: Ken Ray XML Library makes a good job parsing RSS Feeds, beware of
> spec war, there are at least 3 RSS specs out there in the wild, also

Five, if you don't count 0.93 or the Metalog API... in chronological
order (although all are in current use and there's quite a bit of
overlap and/or incompatibility):

0.90
0.91
1.0
0.92
<0.93>
<Metalog API>
2.0

--
-Mark Wieder

 ahsoftware@gmail.com

On Aug 21, 2005, at 2:57 PM, Mark Wieder wrote:

> Andre-
>
> Sunday, August 21, 2005, 9:48:17 AM, you wrote:
>

>> PS: Ken Ray XML Library makes a good job parsing RSS Feeds, beware of
>> spec war, there are at least 3 RSS specs out there in the wild, also
>>

> Five, if you don't count 0.93 or the Metalog API... in chronological
> order (although all are in current use and there's quite a bit of
> overlap and/or incompatibility):
>
> 0.90
> 0.91
> 1.0
> 0.92
> <0.93>
> <Metalog API>
> 2.0

don't know who said it but

"the cool thing about standards is that there are many to choose from"

Cheers
andre

> --
> -Mark Wieder
>  [hidden email]

Re: The television will be Revolutionised! - first coding sprint

Ken Norris-3
Hi David,

> Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 16:40:08 +0200
> From: david bovill <[hidden email]>
> Subject: The television will be Revolutionised! - first coding sprint

> It will be hopefully the first of several similar sprints taking
> place over the next 3 months

Looks fascinating, but I've never heard of the word 'sprint' used this
way. Exactly what does it mean as you are using it?

TIA,
Ken N.

On Aug 21, 2005, at 4:27 PM, Ken Norris wrote:

> Hi David,
>

>> Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 16:40:08 +0200
>> From: david bovill <[hidden email]>
>> Subject: The television will be Revolutionised! - first coding sprint
>>

>> It will be hopefully the first of several similar sprints taking
>> place over the next 3 months
>>

> Looks fascinating, but I've never heard of the word 'sprint' used
> this way. Exactly what does it mean as you are using it?

Well here in Brazil we use the word sprint to mean "desesperatly
running in one direction." like I regard that there are two ways of
running, you can run to someplace or you can run from some thing. So
some weeks ago, when some very creative brazilian almost hammed me
over with his pickup truck and after me cursing him by being a bad
driver, he stopped his car and went out carrying a very big pistol, I
entered sprint mode or "run for your life mode" and manage to run
more than a km in less than two minutes...

That's how I classify sprints. Code sprints are similar in the
analogy that you code as if your life depended on that...

:P
Andre

> TIA,
> Ken N.

Re: The television will be Revolutionised! - first coding sprint

Alex Tweedly
Ken Norris wrote:

>> Subject: The television will be Revolutionised! - first coding sprint
>

>> It will be hopefully the first of several similar sprints taking
>> place over the next 3 months
>

> Looks fascinating, but I've never heard of the word 'sprint' used this
> way. Exactly what does it mean as you are using it?

"sprint" in this sense is fairly common usage in the Open Source
software area.
Which means, of course, that each group is free to define exactly what
*they* mean, and so each usage of it is slightly different.

Best on-line definition I found was
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plone_Sprints

There's a little bit of discussion about how it works (or worked for one
group) at
http://www.lonelylion.com/pipermail/chipy/2004-September/000377.html

--
Alex Tweedly       http://www.tweedly.net

Re: strange message watcher window

Jon-3
Oh.  I gave up on the script error window.  It is NEVER the right size.
Sigh

Jon