string: finding and marking in custom properties

string: finding and marking in custom properties

Lars Brehmer
I can't seem to find help in the docs for this one, which is probably
an extremely simple syntax question.

I have a find script that looks in the custom properties of the cards
in a stack and marks the cards that match;

do some stuff
mark cds where (the findIt of me) is among the words of the ansP of
this cd
do some more stuff

Now this works just fine but for several reasons I'd rather be
looking for a string, not a word or a set of characters, but I can't
get the syntax right.

mark cds by finding string (the findIt of me) in the ansP of this cd

this doesn't work and neither does any variation that I could come up
with, same with "mark cds where string "xyz"....  The contents of
these custom props are in uniEncode UTF8.  What am I doing wrong
here?  It seems like it shouldn't be a problem.

Cheers,

Lars

Re: string: finding and marking in custom properties

J. Landman Gay
On 7/9/05 12:36 PM, Lars Brehmer wrote:

> I have a find script that looks in the custom properties of the cards
> in a stack and marks the cards that match;
>
> do some stuff
> mark cds where (the findIt of me) is among the words of the ansP of
> this cd
> do some more stuff
>
> Now this works just fine but for several reasons I'd rather be  looking
> for a string, not a word or a set of characters, but I can't  get the
> syntax right.

Try:

mark cds where (the findIt of me) is in the ansP of this cd

> mark cds by finding string (the findIt of me) in the ansP of this cd
>
> this doesn't work and neither does any variation that I could come up
> with, same with "mark cds where string "xyz"....  The contents of  these
> custom props are in uniEncode UTF8.  What am I doing wrong  here?  It
> seems like it shouldn't be a problem.

The "find" command only works in fields, not in custom properties, so
you can't use this method.