stumped problem solved! :)

AbilityForms
> As I said before in other questions to the group I've apparently suffered
> some sort of corruption. These three windows all open to the full screen
every
> time. It doesn't matter that I resize and save them. They still open full
screen
> size the next time. Someone told me how to fix the preference panel and
that
> worked. I was just hoping I could fix the other three panels in a similar
> fashion. If these windows are in a stack I could address the problems with
an
> openCard or openStack handler.

I suspect the reason you aren't getting many answers is because no one
else has seen this. I know I never have. You may have already tried it,
but here is what I would do:

Throw away your entire Rev installation. Reinstall from a
newly-downloaded copy off the web site.

Do not install any extra plugins; leave the installation in its virgin
state. Create a new stack with a single button. Select the button and
open the inspector and check its size.

In the button, add this script:

on mouseup
   bloogle
end mouseup

When you click the button it will generate an error. See if the error
dialog is the correct size.

If these windows are normal size (and if they aren't, I haven't a clue
why not,) then the resizing problem is probably related to a specific
stack you are working on, or a script in a stack in use (i.e., a plugin)
or a backscript. I can't imagine any other reason for this bizarre
behavior. Something is resetting the default window sizes.

Corruption is highly unlikely (and very rare in Revolution) and of the
handful of corrupted stacks I've seen, they always crash or refuse to
open. Occasionally a bad image import will cause a problem, but that
also usually crashes.

Well, I downloaded a fresh Rev copy then foolishly opened one of my existing
stacks and my problems persisted. I don't have any plugins, substacks,
frontScripts or backScripts. The oversize windows are a problem on all my stacks. I
appreciate Ken Ray's input. I have a preOpenStack handler for all my stacks and
it resizes each stack. I changed it to a openstack handler. Then I remembered
I used a "Start Using stack handler" it was causing the same problem as Ken
had suggested with substacks. When I eliminated the conflict in the openstack
of the "using" stack my problems vanished! Hurray! I knew there had to be an
answer. I really appreciate the help. This newbie needs a lot of hand holding.

Joe
Orlando, Florida

Re: stumped problem solved! :)

Ken Ray
On 11/3/05 7:10 AM, "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Well, I downloaded a fresh Rev copy then foolishly opened one of my existing
> stacks and my problems persisted. I don't have any plugins, substacks,
> frontScripts or backScripts. The oversize windows are a problem on all my
> stacks. I
> appreciate Ken Ray's input. I have a preOpenStack handler for all my stacks
> and
> it resizes each stack. I changed it to a openstack handler. Then I remembered
> I used a "Start Using stack handler" it was causing the same problem as Ken
> had suggested with substacks. When I eliminated the conflict in the openstack
> of the "using" stack my problems vanished! Hurray! I knew there had to be an
> answer. I really appreciate the help. This newbie needs a lot of hand holding.

Congratulations, Joe! I'm glad you got it all worked out...

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Web site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/
Email: [hidden email]