systemWindow question

Todd Geist-2
Hello,

I am trying to create window that floats above all other
applications.  I put the following script in a button, to toggle
"Float" on and off.

ON mouseUp
     IF the systemWindow of this stack is False THEN
         set the systemWindow of this stack to true
   ELSE
         set the systemWindow of this stack to false
     END IF
END mouseUp

The result is that the decorations change but the window does NOT
float above everything else.

What am I missing?

TIA
Todd

--

Todd Geist
______________________________________

--

Todd Geist

Re: systemWindow question

masmit
On my system, mac OS 10.4.6, Rev 2.7.1, systemWindow seems to be
broken...a window with it's systemWindow set behaves just like a
regular palette - it won't stay on top when you move to another
application. Is this a bug?

Best,

Mark

On 10 May 2006, at 18:51, Todd Geist wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to create window that floats above all other
> applications.  I put the following script in a button, to toggle
> "Float" on and off.
>
> ON mouseUp
>     IF the systemWindow of this stack is False THEN
>         set the systemWindow of this stack to true
>   ELSE
>         set the systemWindow of this stack to false
>     END IF
> END mouseUp
>

> The result is that the decorations change but the window does NOT
> float above everything else.
>
> What am I missing?
>
> TIA
> Todd
>
> --
>
> Todd Geist
> ______________________________________
> g e i s t   i n t e r a c t i v e
>

> --
>
> Todd Geist

Re: systemWindow question

Todd Geist-2
I think your right.  I tried my script in 2.7.0 and it works as
expected.

I guess I will go log a bugzilla

Todd

On May 10, 2006, at 11:23 AM, Mark Smith wrote:

> On my system, mac OS 10.4.6, Rev 2.7.1, systemWindow seems to be
> broken...a window with it's systemWindow set behaves just like a
> regular palette - it won't stay on top when you move to another
> application. Is this a bug?
>
> Best,
>
> Mark
>
> On 10 May 2006, at 18:51, Todd Geist wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am trying to create window that floats above all other
>> applications.  I put the following script in a button, to toggle
>> "Float" on and off.
>>
>> ON mouseUp
>>     IF the systemWindow of this stack is False THEN
>>         set the systemWindow of this stack to true
>>   ELSE
>>         set the systemWindow of this stack to false
>>     END IF
>> END mouseUp
>>

>> The result is that the decorations change but the window does NOT
>> float above everything else.
>>
>> What am I missing?
>>
>> TIA
>> Todd
>>
>> --
>>
>> Todd Geist
>> ______________________________________
>> g e i s t   i n t e r a c t i v e
>>

>> --
>>
>> Todd Geist

Todd Geist

Re: systemWindow question

Ian Wood-3
 From the docs:

'On Mac OS systems, the systemWindow property has no effect.'

Ian

On 10 May 2006, at 19:23, Mark Smith wrote:

> On my system, mac OS 10.4.6, Rev 2.7.1, systemWindow seems to be
> broken...

Re: systemWindow question

ScottR
Recently, Ian Wood wrote:

>> On my system, mac OS 10.4.6, Rev 2.7.1, systemWindow seems to be
>> broken...

> From the docs:
>
> 'On Mac OS systems, the systemWindow property has no effect.'

I'm not sure why the docs say this.  I believe I've used the systemWindow
property on OSX since it was introduced and it worked fine.

I'm using 2.7.1 here on OSX 10.3.9 and the systemWindow property appears to
work fine, so maybe something broke with later versions (10.4+) of the OS.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, Multimedia & Design
-----
E: [hidden email]
W: http://www.tactilemedia.com

Re: systemWindow question

xtalkprogrammer
Scott,

When referring to Mac OS, the docs often mean Mac OS 9 and earlier,
while Mac OS X is often explicitly referred to. In this case, the
docs are correctly stating that the systemWindow property does not
work on Mac OS 9 and earlier. I have to idea why this was never
implemented, as system windows do exist on Mac OS 9.

Best,

Mark

--

Economy-x-Talk
Consultancy and Software Engineering

www.salery.biz/salery.html

Op 11-mei-2006, om 0:10 heeft Scott Rossi het volgende geschreven:

> Recently, Ian Wood wrote:
>
>>> On my system, mac OS 10.4.6, Rev 2.7.1, systemWindow seems to be
>>> broken...
>
>> From the docs:
>>
>> 'On Mac OS systems, the systemWindow property has no effect.'
>
> I'm not sure why the docs say this.  I believe I've used the
> systemWindow
> property on OSX since it was introduced and it worked fine.
>
> I'm using 2.7.1 here on OSX 10.3.9 and the systemWindow property
> appears to
> work fine, so maybe something broke with later versions (10.4+) of
> the OS.
>
> Regards,
>
> Scott Rossi

Kind regards,

Drs. Mark Schonewille

Homepage: http://economy-x-talk.com
KvK: 50277553

Re: systemWindow question

Todd Geist-2
It seems to be a bug with 2.7.1 and I logged it as such.

At least it worked up until 2.7.1

Todd

--

Todd Geist