tSettings["username"]

Mark Clark
Thanks for all the help so far. I forgot to ask -- what is the best way to add multiple recipients, BCC, etc?

Re: tSettings["username"]

Skip Kimpel
Great question... Awaiting responses...

SKIP

> On Sep 16, 2016, at 3:29 PM, Mark Clark <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Thanks for all the help so far. I forgot to ask -- what is the best way to add multiple recipients, BCC, etc?

Re: tSettings["username"]

Matthias Rebbe | M-R-D

> Am 16.09.2016 um 22:29 schrieb Mark Clark <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>:
>
> Thanks for all the help so far. I forgot to ask -- what is the best way to add multiple recipients, BCC, etc?

regarding the  multiple to:

1. you have to add the additional To recipients also to the smtp Header. You have to separate the recipients with Comma.
The line must end with CRLF.

To: [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>, [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>, [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>

For CC recipients it´s the same
Cc: [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>, [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>, [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>

A sample smtp header would then look like this:

Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2016 00:37:04 +0200
From: [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
To: [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>, [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>, [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
Cc: [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>, [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>, [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
Subject: =?UTF-8?B?TWVzc2FnZSB3aXRoIG5vbiBBU0NJSSDDs8K/wqHDoSc=?=

This is the message.

Very important : Bcc Recipients are not added to the SMTP header ! ! !

2. for sending you have to call the tsNetSmptSync function for every To, Cc and Bcc recipient.

Lets say you have a To, a Cc and Bcc field. Every line contains a emailadress.

then for the To recipients you would write:

repeat for each line tRecipient in fld “To”
if line tRecipient is empty then next repeat
put tsNetSmtpSync(tURL, tSender, tRecipient, tPostData, tResponseHeaders,tBytes,tSettings) into tResult
end repeat

for the Cc recipients:

repeat for each line tRecipient in fld “Cc”
if line tRecipient is empty then next repeat
put tsNetSmtpSync(tURL, tSender, tRecipient, tPostData, tResponseHeaders,tBytes,tSettings) into tResult
end repeat

and for the Bcc:

repeat for each line tRecipient in fld “Bcc”
if line tRecipient is empty then next repeat
put tsNetSmtpSync(tURL, tSender, tRecipient, tPostData, tResponseHeaders,tBytes,tSettings) into tResult
end repeat

Regarding Dave´s question about Html. As you mentioned already,Sarahs library gives good advice how to implement that and it should work with tsNet. At least if you create smtp message (tPostData) correctly.

For those who are intrested in Sarah´s scripts and library: She uploaded hem all to GitHub
https://github.com/trozware/rev_stacks <https://github.com/trozware/rev_stacks>

Regards,

Matthias

Matthias Rebbe
Bramkampsieke 13
32312 Lübbecke
Tel +49 5741 310000
    +49 160 5504462
Fax: +49 5741 310002
eMail: [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>

BR5 Konverter - BR5 -> MP3 <http://matthiasrebbe.eu/portfolio/produkte/brx/>

Re: tSettings["username"]

Matthias Rebbe | M-R-D
Just noticed that my email client added also mailto:links for the email addresses.
I will try to resend.
Please excuse.

> [...]

> put tsNetSmtpSync(tURL, tSender, tRecipient, tPostData, tResponseHeaders,tBytes,tSettings) into tResult
> end repeat
>

> Regarding Dave´s question about Html. As you mentioned already,Sarahs library gives good advice how to implement that and it should work with tsNet. At least if you create smtp message (tPostData) correctly.
>
> For those who are intrested in Sarah´s scripts and library: She uploaded hem all to GitHub
> https://github.com/trozware/rev_stacks <https://github.com/trozware/rev_stacks>
>
> Regards,
>
> Matthias
>

> Matthias Rebbe
> Bramkampsieke 13
> 32312 Lübbecke
> Tel +49 5741 310000
>     +49 160 5504462
> Fax: +49 5741 310002
> eMail: [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>

2nd try.

> Am 16.09.2016 um 22:29 schrieb Mark Clark <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>:
>
> Thanks for all the help so far. I forgot to ask -- what is the best way to add multiple recipients, BCC, etc?

regarding the  multiple to:

1. you have to add the additional To recipients also to the smtp header. You have to separate the recipients with Comma.
The line must end with CRLF.

To: [hidden email], [hidden email], [hidden email]

For CC recipients it´s the same
Cc: [hidden email], [hidden email], [hidden email]

A sample smtp header would then look like this:

Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2016 00:37:04 +0200
From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email], [hidden email], [hidden email]
Cc: [hidden email], [hidden email], [hidden email]

[...]

BR5 Konverter - BR5 -> MP3

Re: tSettings["username"]

Matthias Rebbe | M-R-D
It´s late and i should go to sleep…

After rereading i  found an error in the if statement of the scripts.

Here are the correct ones.

then for the To recipients you would write:

repeat for each line tRecipient in fld “To”
if tRecipient is empty then next repeat
> [...]

> end repeat
>
> for the Cc recipients:
>
> repeat for each line tRecipient in fld “Cc”
> if line tRecipient is empty then next repeat
> put tsNetSmtpSync(tURL, tSender, tRecipient, tPostData, tResponseHeaders,tBytes,tSettings) into tResult
> end repeat
>
> and for the Bcc:
>
> repeat for each line tRecipient in fld “Bcc”
> if line tRecipient is empty then next repeat
> put tsNetSmtpSync(tURL, tSender, tRecipient, tPostData, tResponseHeaders,tBytes,tSettings) into tResult
> end repeat
>

> Regarding Dave´s question about Html. As you mentioned already,Sarahs library gives good advice how to implement that and it should work with tsNet. At least if you create smtp message (tPostData) correctly.
>
> For those who are intrested in Sarah´s scripts and library: She uploaded hem all to GitHub

Re: tSettings["username"]

Charles Warwick
The tsNetSmtp* functions can take multiple e-mail addresses in a single
call, just ensure the tRecipient variable has one address per line.

As Matthias said, you also need to add the To: and Cc: headers accordingly.

I have updated the LCMail.livecode stack to show an example:

https://downloads.techstrategies.com.au/tsnet/LCMail.livecode

... and I will try make the documentation a bit clearer :-)

@Matthias: sorry, I made these changes before I saw you had updated your
stack!  Otherwise I would have made these changes to a copy of your
stack instead.

Cheers,

Charles

On 17/09/2016 9:22 AM, Matthias Rebbe wrote:

> [...]
>> end repeat
>>
>> for the Cc recipients:
>>
>> repeat for each line tRecipient in fld “Cc”
>> if line tRecipient is empty then next repeat
>> put tsNetSmtpSync(tURL, tSender, tRecipient, tPostData, tResponseHeaders,tBytes,tSettings) into tResult
>> end repeat
>>
>> and for the Bcc:
>>
>> repeat for each line tRecipient in fld “Bcc”
>> if line tRecipient is empty then next repeat
>> put tsNetSmtpSync(tURL, tSender, tRecipient, tPostData, tResponseHeaders,tBytes,tSettings) into tResult
>> end repeat
>>

>> Regarding Dave´s question about Html. As you mentioned already,Sarahs library gives good advice how to implement that and it should work with tsNet. At least if you create smtp message (tPostData) correctly.
>>
>> For those who are intrested in Sarah´s scripts and library: She uploaded hem all to GitHub

Re: tSettings["username"]

Matthias Rebbe | M-R-D
Hi Charles,

> Am 17.09.2016 um 09:52 schrieb Charles Warwick <[hidden email]>:
>
> The tsNetSmtp* functions can take multiple e-mail addresses in a single call, just ensure the tRecipient variable has one address per line.

Oh, thats brilliant. Much easier than doing a call for every address.
So one can add To, CC and Bcc recipients  into one variable.

> As Matthias said, you also need to add the To: and Cc: headers accordingly.
>
> I have updated the LCMail.livecode stack to show an example:
>
> https://downloads.techstrategies.com.au/tsnet/LCMail.livecode <https://downloads.techstrategies.com.au/tsnet/LCMail.livecode>
>
> ... and I will try make the documentation a bit clearer :-)
>
> @Matthias: sorry, I made these changes before I saw you had updated your stack!  Otherwise I would have made these changes to a copy of your stack instead.

Never mind. If i find the time today i will add your modifications to my stack and send it afterwards directly to you, if you don´t mind.

Matthias

> Cheers,
>
> Charles
>

> On 17/09/2016 9:22 AM, Matthias Rebbe wrote:
>> It´s late and i should go to sleep…
>>
>> After rereading i  found an error in the if statement of the scripts.
>>
>> Here are the correct ones.
>>
>> then for the To recipients you would write:
>>
>> repeat for each line tRecipient in fld “To”
>> if tRecipient is empty then next repeat
>> put tsNetSmtpSync(tURL, tSender, tRecipient, tPostData, tResponseHeaders,tBytes,tSettings) into tResult
>> end repeat
>>
>> for the Cc recipients:
>>
>> repeat for each line tRecipient in fld “Cc”
>> if tRecipient is empty then next repeat
>> put tsNetSmtpSync(tURL, tSender, tRecipient, tPostData, tResponseHeaders,tBytes,tSettings) into tResult
>> end repeat
>>
>> and for the Bcc:
>>
>> repeat for each line tRecipient in fld “Bcc”
>> if tRecipient is empty then next repeat
>> put tsNetSmtpSync(tURL, tSender, tRecipient, tPostData, tResponseHeaders,tBytes,tSettings) into tResult
>> end repeat
>>

>>> Am 17.09.2016 um 01:06 schrieb Matthias Rebbe <[hidden email]>:
>>>
>>> 2nd try.

>>> regarding the  multiple to:
>>>
>>> 1. you have to add the additional To recipients also to the smtp header. You have to separate the recipients with Comma.
>>> The line must end with CRLF.
>>>
>>> To: [hidden email], [hidden email], [hidden email]
>>>
>>> For CC recipients it´s the same
>>> Cc: [hidden email], [hidden email], [hidden email]
>>>
>>> A sample smtp header would then look like this:

>>> Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2016 00:37:04 +0200
>>> From: [hidden email]
>>> To: [hidden email], [hidden email], [hidden email]
>>> Cc: [hidden email], [hidden email], [hidden email]
>>> Subject: =?UTF-8?B?TWVzc2FnZSB3aXRoIG5vbiBBU0NJSSDDs8K/wqHDoSc=?=
>>>
>>> This is the message.
>>>

>>> Very important : Bcc Recipients are not added to the SMTP header ! ! !
>>>

>>> 2. for sending you have to call the tsNetSmptSync function for every To, Cc and Bcc recipient.
>>>
>>> Lets say you have a To, a Cc and Bcc field. Every line contains a emailadress.
>>>

>>> then for the To recipients you would write:
>>>
>>> repeat for each line tRecipient in fld “To”
>>> if line tRecipient is empty then next repeat
>>> put tsNetSmtpSync(tURL, tSender, tRecipient, tPostData, tResponseHeaders,tBytes,tSettings) into tResult
>>> end repeat
>>>
>>> for the Cc recipients:
>>>
>>> repeat for each line tRecipient in fld “Cc”
>>> if line tRecipient is empty then next repeat
>>> put tsNetSmtpSync(tURL, tSender, tRecipient, tPostData, tResponseHeaders,tBytes,tSettings) into tResult
>>> end repeat
>>>
>>> and for the Bcc:
>>>
>>> repeat for each line tRecipient in fld “Bcc”
>>> if line tRecipient is empty then next repeat
>>> put tsNetSmtpSync(tURL, tSender, tRecipient, tPostData, tResponseHeaders,tBytes,tSettings) into tResult
>>> end repeat
>>>

>>> Regarding Dave´s question about Html. As you mentioned already,Sarahs library gives good advice how to implement that and it should work with tsNet. At least if you create smtp message (tPostData) correctly.
>>>
>>> For those who are intrested in Sarah´s scripts and library: She uploaded hem all to GitHub
>>> https://github.com/trozware/rev_stacks
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Matthias
>>>

>>> Matthias Rebbe
>>> Bramkampsieke 13
>>> 32312 Lübbecke
>>> Tel +49 5741 310000
>>>     +49 160 5504462
>>> Fax: +49 5741 310002
>>> eMail: [hidden email]
>>>
>>> BR5 Konverter - BR5 -> MP3

Re: tSettings["username"]

Charles Warwick
Since I was on a roll, I decided to add HTML support to it as well.

Updated version now available at the same URL.

On 17/09/2016 6:10 PM, Matthias Rebbe wrote:

> Hi Charles,
>

>> Am 17.09.2016 um 09:52 schrieb Charles Warwick <[hidden email]>:
>>
>> The tsNetSmtp* functions can take multiple e-mail addresses in a single call, just ensure the tRecipient variable has one address per line.
>>

> Oh, thats brilliant. Much easier than doing a call for every address.
> So one can add To, CC and Bcc recipients  into one variable.
>

>> As Matthias said, you also need to add the To: and Cc: headers accordingly.
>>
>> I have updated the LCMail.livecode stack to show an example:
>>
>> https://downloads.techstrategies.com.au/tsnet/LCMail.livecode <https://downloads.techstrategies.com.au/tsnet/LCMail.livecode>
>>
>> ... and I will try make the documentation a bit clearer :-)
>>
>> @Matthias: sorry, I made these changes before I saw you had updated your stack!  Otherwise I would have made these changes to a copy of your stack instead.
> Never mind. If i find the time today i will add your modifications to my stack and send it afterwards directly to you, if you don´t mind.
>
> Matthias

Re: tSettings["username"]

Matthias Rebbe | M-R-D
Keep rolling, Charles, keep rolling! ;)

> Am 17.09.2016 um 10:29 schrieb Charles Warwick <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>:
>
> Since I was on a roll, I decided to add HTML support to it as well.
>
> Updated version now available at the same URL.
>

> On 17/09/2016 6:10 PM, Matthias Rebbe wrote:
>> Hi Charles,
>>

>>> Am 17.09.2016 um 09:52 schrieb Charles Warwick <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>:
>>>
>>> The tsNetSmtp* functions can take multiple e-mail addresses in a single call, just ensure the tRecipient variable has one address per line.
>>>

>> Oh, thats brilliant. Much easier than doing a call for every address.
>> So one can add To, CC and Bcc recipients  into one variable.
>>

>>> As Matthias said, you also need to add the To: and Cc: headers accordingly.
>>>
>>> I have updated the LCMail.livecode stack to show an example:
>>>
>>> https://downloads.techstrategies.com.au/tsnet/LCMail.livecode <https://downloads.techstrategies.com.au/tsnet/LCMail.livecode><https://downloads.techstrategies.com.au/tsnet/LCMail.livecode <https://downloads.techstrategies.com.au/tsnet/LCMail.livecode>>
>>>
>>> ... and I will try make the documentation a bit clearer :-)
>>>
>>> @Matthias: sorry, I made these changes before I saw you had updated your stack!  Otherwise I would have made these changes to a copy of your stack instead.
>> Never mind. If i find the time today i will add your modifications to my stack and send it afterwards directly to you, if you don´t mind.
>>
>> Matthias

Re: tSettings["username"]

Matthias Rebbe | M-R-D
Hi Charles,

if you are still on the roll, the only thing that is now still missing is the handling of multiple attachments.  ;)

Regards,

Matthias

> Am 17.09.2016 um 10:43 schrieb Matthias Rebbe <[hidden email]>:
>
> Keep rolling, Charles, keep rolling! ;)
>

>> Am 17.09.2016 um 10:29 schrieb Charles Warwick <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>:
>>
>> Since I was on a roll, I decided to add HTML support to it as well.
>>
>> Updated version now available at the same URL.
>>

>> On 17/09/2016 6:10 PM, Matthias Rebbe wrote:
>>> Hi Charles,

>>> Oh, thats brilliant. Much easier than doing a call for every address.
>>> So one can add To, CC and Bcc recipients  into one variable.

>>> Never mind. If i find the time today i will add your modifications to my stack and send it afterwards directly to you, if you don´t mind.
>>>
>>> Matthias

Re: tSettings["username"]

Charles Warwick
Matthias,

The roll is finished for the day ;-)

However, adding multiple attachments simply means changing the "if"
statement on line 110 of the button "Send Email" script to a for loop,
and sending an array of files/file contents to the createSmtpMessage
function instead.  Feel free to have a go at that if you like -
otherwise I can update it in a day or two.

There is one other issue related to attachments, and that is that it
currently only supports attaching PDF documents.  This is because on
line 112 of the button "Send Email" script (within that "if" statement),
I have hard-coded the "Content-Type" of the attachment that is sent with
the following code:

*put*"Content-Type: application/pdf;"& craftertPostData

This needs to be changed so that the script automatically detects the
type of attachment that is selected and adds the appropriate
Content-Type header for each attachment.  The most basic form of doing
file type detection would be to use the file extension to determine its
type.  Obviously that would not be 100% accurate though.

For some applications, the type of attachment might be known in advance.

Cheers,

Charles

On 17/09/2016 6:56 PM, Matthias Rebbe wrote:

> Hi Charles,
>
> if you are still on the roll, the only thing that is now still missing is the handling of multiple attachments.  ;)
>
> Regards,
>
> Matthias
>

>> Am 17.09.2016 um 10:43 schrieb Matthias Rebbe <[hidden email]>:
>>
>> Keep rolling, Charles, keep rolling! ;)
>>

>>> Am 17.09.2016 um 10:29 schrieb Charles Warwick <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>:
>>>
>>> Since I was on a roll, I decided to add HTML support to it as well.
>>>
>>> Updated version now available at the same URL.

Re: tSettings["username"]

Charles Warwick
Not sure why that line of code came out looking like that, it was meant
to be:

put "Content-Type: application/pdf;" & cr after tPostData

... and for those that don't require MIME type detection for the client
at the other end, another way to handle this would be to just change it to:

put "Content-Type: application/octet-stream;" & cr after tPostData

Cheers,

Charles

On 17/09/2016 7:21 PM, Charles Warwick wrote:

> Matthias,
>
> The roll is finished for the day ;-)
>
> However, adding multiple attachments simply means changing the "if"
> statement on line 110 of the button "Send Email" script to a for loop,
> and sending an array of files/file contents to the createSmtpMessage
> function instead.  Feel free to have a go at that if you like -
> otherwise I can update it in a day or two.
>
> There is one other issue related to attachments, and that is that it
> currently only supports attaching PDF documents.  This is because on
> line 112 of the button "Send Email" script (within that "if"
> statement), I have hard-coded the "Content-Type" of the attachment
> that is sent with the following code:
>
> *put*"Content-Type: application/pdf;"& craftertPostData
>
> This needs to be changed so that the script automatically detects the
> type of attachment that is selected and adds the appropriate
> Content-Type header for each attachment.  The most basic form of doing
> file type detection would be to use the file extension to determine
> its type.  Obviously that would not be 100% accurate though.
>
> For some applications, the type of attachment might be known in advance.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Charles
>

> On 17/09/2016 6:56 PM, Matthias Rebbe wrote:
>> Hi Charles,
>>
>> if you are still on the roll, the only thing that is now still
>> missing is the handling of multiple attachments.  ;)
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Matthias
>>

>>> Am 17.09.2016 um 10:43 schrieb Matthias Rebbe
>>> <[hidden email]>:
>>>
>>> Keep rolling, Charles, keep rolling! ;)

Re: tSettings["username"]

Matthias Rebbe | M-R-D
Wouldn´t  a

cover all files? At least using octet-stream we have  not to fiddle around with setting the content-type according to the file extension.

And most OSes detect the file type of a file by its extension, don´t they?

Regards,

Matthias

> Am 17.09.2016 um 11:21 schrieb Charles Warwick <[hidden email]>:
>
> Matthias,
>
> The roll is finished for the day ;-)
>
> However, adding multiple attachments simply means changing the "if" statement on line 110 of the button "Send Email" script to a for loop, and sending an array of files/file contents to the createSmtpMessage function instead.  Feel free to have a go at that if you like - otherwise I can update it in a day or two.
>
> There is one other issue related to attachments, and that is that it currently only supports attaching PDF documents.  This is because on line 112 of the button "Send Email" script (within that "if" statement), I have hard-coded the "Content-Type" of the attachment that is sent with the following code:
>
> *put*"Content-Type: application/pdf;"& craftertPostData
>
> This needs to be changed so that the script automatically detects the type of attachment that is selected and adds the appropriate Content-Type header for each attachment.  The most basic form of doing file type detection would be to use the file extension to determine its type.  Obviously that would not be 100% accurate though.
>
> For some applications, the type of attachment might be known in advance.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Charles
>

> On 17/09/2016 6:56 PM, Matthias Rebbe wrote:
>> Hi Charles,
>>
>> if you are still on the roll, the only thing that is now still missing is the handling of multiple attachments.  ;)
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Matthias
>>

>>> Am 17.09.2016 um 10:43 schrieb Matthias Rebbe <[hidden email]>:
>>>
>>> Keep rolling, Charles, keep rolling! ;)

Re: tSettings["username"]

Dave Kilroy
Charles, Matthias

Thank you so much for adding more and more to this example stack!!!

I can now send super-duper emails from the app :)

Peter M. Brigham