tsNet Qs

Mark Clark
I am looking to replace sending emails via shell to one using the tsNet library. At first I had thought there was a var for the smtp port, but that’s just a server address setting (whoops).
I am using hostM on this project and I’m trying to configure through their mail host- I have the proper settings for outgoing mail server (587), mail username (which is just the address for the account), and password. The error message I get back is (56) Failure when receiving data from peer/returned from server.  I’m just slogging through the tsNet Sample Sync Stack to speed things up since sending the email should be trivial compared to the data enclosed in the actual message. But, sometimes that’s how it goes:) Other than the Dictionary and this sample stack does anyone have a pointer to a simple example using this external with a hosted mail service?

thx,
mark c

Re: tsNet Qs

Matthias Rebbe | M-R-D
Hi Mark,

i just tried it with the stack from Neil Roger which is available here
http://techsupport.on-rev.com/LCMail.zip <http://techsupport.on-rev.com/LCMail.zip>
or an extended version, which includes also some FTP examples,here
https://dl.dropbox.com/s/q4oec8uu3pcdgfj/index.html <https://dl.dropbox.com/s/q4oec8uu3pcdgfj/index.html>

Are you referring to that sample stack?

I just tried it. I have no problems using it to send an email through one of my  HostM email accounts to my iCloud email address.

Matthias

> Am 15.09.2016 um 23:29 schrieb Mark Clark <[hidden email]>:
>
> I am looking to replace sending emails via shell to one using the tsNet library. At first I had thought there was a var for the smtp port, but that’s just a server address setting (whoops).
> I am using hostM on this project and I’m trying to configure through their mail host- I have the proper settings for outgoing mail server (587), mail username (which is just the address for the account), and password. The error message I get back is (56) Failure when receiving data from peer/returned from server.  I’m just slogging through the tsNet Sample Sync Stack to speed things up since sending the email should be trivial compared to the data enclosed in the actual message. But, sometimes that’s how it goes:) Other than the Dictionary and this sample stack does anyone have a pointer to a simple example using this external with a hosted mail service?
>
> thx,
> mark c

Re: tsNet Qs

Matthias Rebbe | M-R-D
And here´s a simple script

on mouseup

/*

pFrom is the sender email

pTo is the recipient email

pSubject is the subject

pMessage is the message text

pUsername is the username for logging into email account

pPassword is the password for logging into email account

pServer is the server URL including smtp:// or smtps://

Note: even if you have an additional addon domain in your

HostM account; when using ssl/tls you have to use

your account hostname as server, not the addon domain.

e.g smtps://ua123456.serversignin.com

*/

put "Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8" & cr into pPostData
put "Date:" && the internet date &CR after pPostData

put "From:" && pFrom &CR after pPostData

put "To:" && pTo & CR after pPostData

put "Subject: "&pSubject & cr & cr after pPostData

put pMessage after pPostData

put pUsername into pSettings["username"]

put pPassword into pSettings["password"]

put TRUE into pSettings["use_ssl"]

-- Note: when setting use_ssl to TRUE, then you have to use smtps:// --

put tsNetSmtpSync(pServer, pFrom, pTo, pPostData, pResponseHeaders,pBytes,pSettings) into tResult

answer pResponseHeaders &return &tResult

end mouseup

HTH,

Matthias

> Am 15.09.2016 um 23:54 schrieb Matthias Rebbe <[hidden email]>:
>
> Hi Mark,
>
> i just tried it with the stack from Neil Roger which is available here
> http://techsupport.on-rev.com/LCMail.zip <http://techsupport.on-rev.com/LCMail.zip>
> or an extended version, which includes also some FTP examples,here
> https://dl.dropbox.com/s/q4oec8uu3pcdgfj/index.html <https://dl.dropbox.com/s/q4oec8uu3pcdgfj/index.html>
>
> Are you referring to that sample stack?
>
> I just tried it. I have no problems using it to send an email through one of my  HostM email accounts to my iCloud email address.
>

> Matthias
>

>> Am 15.09.2016 um 23:29 schrieb Mark Clark <[hidden email]>:
>>
>> I am looking to replace sending emails via shell to one using the tsNet library. At first I had thought there was a var for the smtp port, but that’s just a server address setting (whoops).
>> I am using hostM on this project and I’m trying to configure through their mail host- I have the proper settings for outgoing mail server (587), mail username (which is just the address for the account), and password. The error message I get back is (56) Failure when receiving data from peer/returned from server.  I’m just slogging through the tsNet Sample Sync Stack to speed things up since sending the email should be trivial compared to the data enclosed in the actual message. But, sometimes that’s how it goes:) Other than the Dictionary and this sample stack does anyone have a pointer to a simple example using this external with a hosted mail service?
>>
>> thx,
>> mark c

Re: tsNet Qs

Charles Warwick
Hi Matthias,

On 16/09/2016 8:46 AM, Matthias Rebbe wrote:
> And here´s a simple script
>

> put TRUE into pSettings["use_ssl"]
>
> -- Note: when setting use_ssl to TRUE, then you have to use smtps:// --

That is not quite correct.

Secure SMTP comes in two flavours, SSL and TLS.

If you are using SMTP over SSL, then you just need a URL starting with
"smtps://" and you do not need the "use_ssl" setting.
If you are using SMTP over TLS, then you need a URL that looks like
"smtp://mail.mydomain.com:587" and you must use the "use_ssl" setting to
invoke TLS.

I have taken the liberty to update Neil's LCMail stack with a few radio
buttons, so that it generates the URL and adds the "use_ssl" setting
only when appropriate.  You can download it here:

https://downloads.techstrategies.com.au/tsnet/LCMail.livecode

As an aside, a similar concept applies when using FTPS in implicit or
explicit mode:

If you are using FTPS in implicit mode, then you just need a URL
starting with "ftps://" and you do not need the "use_ssl" setting.
If you are using FTPS in explicit mode, then you need a URL that starts
with "ftp://" and you must use the "use_ssl" setting to invoke TLS.

Regards,

Charles

> answer pResponseHeaders &return &tResult
>
> end mouseup
>

> HTH,
>
> Matthias
>
>> Am 15.09.2016 um 23:54 schrieb Matthias Rebbe <[hidden email]>:
>>
>> Hi Mark,
>>
>> i just tried it with the stack from Neil Roger which is available here
>> http://techsupport.on-rev.com/LCMail.zip <http://techsupport.on-rev.com/LCMail.zip>
>> or an extended version, which includes also some FTP examples,here
>> https://dl.dropbox.com/s/q4oec8uu3pcdgfj/index.html <https://dl.dropbox.com/s/q4oec8uu3pcdgfj/index.html>
>>
>> Are you referring to that sample stack?
>>
>> I just tried it. I have no problems using it to send an email through one of my  HostM email accounts to my iCloud email address.
>>

>> Matthias
>>

>>> Am 15.09.2016 um 23:29 schrieb Mark Clark <[hidden email]>:
>>>
>>> I am looking to replace sending emails via shell to one using the tsNet library. At first I had thought there was a var for the smtp port, but that’s just a server address setting (whoops).
>>> I am using hostM on this project and I’m trying to configure through their mail host- I have the proper settings for outgoing mail server (587), mail username (which is just the address for the account), and password. The error message I get back is (56) Failure when receiving data from peer/returned from server.  I’m just slogging through the tsNet Sample Sync Stack to speed things up since sending the email should be trivial compared to the data enclosed in the actual message. But, sometimes that’s how it goes:) Other than the Dictionary and this sample stack does anyone have a pointer to a simple example using this external with a hosted mail service?
>>>
>>> thx,
>>> mark c

Re: tsNet Qs

Matthias Rebbe | M-R-D
Hi Charles,

thanks you very much  for clarifying. I will adjust my demo stack at my Dropbox also asap.

But there you can see:
Your external is so powerful, but w/o useful sample scripts it´s very difficult to learn how to use the tsNet commands/functions directly.

Regards,

Matthias

> Am 16.09.2016 um 11:34 schrieb Charles Warwick <[hidden email]>:
>
> Hi Matthias,
>
> On 16/09/2016 8:46 AM, Matthias Rebbe wrote:
>> And here´s a simple script
>>

>> put TRUE into pSettings["use_ssl"]
>>
>> -- Note: when setting use_ssl to TRUE, then you have to use smtps:// --
>>

> That is not quite correct.
>
> Secure SMTP comes in two flavours, SSL and TLS.
>
> If you are using SMTP over SSL, then you just need a URL starting with "smtps://" and you do not need the "use_ssl" setting.
> If you are using SMTP over TLS, then you need a URL that looks like "smtp://mail.mydomain.com:587 <smtp://mail.mydomain.com:587>" and you must use the "use_ssl" setting to invoke TLS.
>
> I have taken the liberty to update Neil's LCMail stack with a few radio buttons, so that it generates the URL and adds the "use_ssl" setting only when appropriate.  You can download it here:
>
> https://downloads.techstrategies.com.au/tsnet/LCMail.livecode <https://downloads.techstrategies.com.au/tsnet/LCMail.livecode>
>
> As an aside, a similar concept applies when using FTPS in implicit or explicit mode:
>
> If you are using FTPS in implicit mode, then you just need a URL starting with "ftps://" and you do not need the "use_ssl" setting.
> If you are using FTPS in explicit mode, then you need a URL that starts with "ftp://" and you must use the "use_ssl" setting to invoke TLS.
>
> Regards,
>
> Charles
>

>> answer pResponseHeaders &return &tResult
>>
>> end mouseup
>>

>> HTH,
>>
>> Matthias
>>
>>> Am 15.09.2016 um 23:54 schrieb Matthias Rebbe <[hidden email]>:
>>>
>>> Hi Mark,
>>>
>>> i just tried it with the stack from Neil Roger which is available here
>>> http://techsupport.on-rev.com/LCMail.zip <http://techsupport.on-rev.com/LCMail.zip>
>>> or an extended version, which includes also some FTP examples,here
>>> https://dl.dropbox.com/s/q4oec8uu3pcdgfj/index.html <https://dl.dropbox.com/s/q4oec8uu3pcdgfj/index.html>
>>>
>>> Are you referring to that sample stack?
>>>
>>> I just tried it. I have no problems using it to send an email through one of my  HostM email accounts to my iCloud email address.
>>>

>>> Matthias

Re: tsNet Qs

Charles Warwick
Hi Matthias,

I agree, it really needs a lot more documentation and examples.

That is something I am working on.  Feel free to send me any suggestions
or feedback on the existing scripts and documentation, it is more than
welcome!

Regards,

Charles

On 16/09/2016 7:53 PM, Matthias Rebbe wrote:

> Hi Charles,
>
> thanks you very much  for clarifying. I will adjust my demo stack at my Dropbox also asap.
>
> But there you can see:
> Your external is so powerful, but w/o useful sample scripts it´s very difficult to learn how to use the tsNet commands/functions directly.
>
> Regards,
>

> Matthias
>

>> Am 16.09.2016 um 11:34 schrieb Charles Warwick <[hidden email]>:
>>
>> Hi Matthias,
>>
>> On 16/09/2016 8:46 AM, Matthias Rebbe wrote:
>>> And here´s a simple script
>>>

>>> put TRUE into pSettings["use_ssl"]
>>>
>>> -- Note: when setting use_ssl to TRUE, then you have to use smtps:// --
>>>

>> That is not quite correct.
>>
>> Secure SMTP comes in two flavours, SSL and TLS.
>>
>> If you are using SMTP over SSL, then you just need a URL starting with "smtps://" and you do not need the "use_ssl" setting.
>> If you are using SMTP over TLS, then you need a URL that looks like "smtp://mail.mydomain.com:587 <smtp://mail.mydomain.com:587>" and you must use the "use_ssl" setting to invoke TLS.
>>
>> I have taken the liberty to update Neil's LCMail stack with a few radio buttons, so that it generates the URL and adds the "use_ssl" setting only when appropriate.  You can download it here:
>>
>> https://downloads.techstrategies.com.au/tsnet/LCMail.livecode <https://downloads.techstrategies.com.au/tsnet/LCMail.livecode>
>>
>> As an aside, a similar concept applies when using FTPS in implicit or explicit mode:
>>
>> If you are using FTPS in implicit mode, then you just need a URL starting with "ftps://" and you do not need the "use_ssl" setting.
>> If you are using FTPS in explicit mode, then you need a URL that starts with "ftp://" and you must use the "use_ssl" setting to invoke TLS.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Charles
>>

>>> answer pResponseHeaders &return &tResult
>>>
>>> end mouseup
>>>

>>> HTH,
>>>
>>> Matthias

Re: tsNet Qs

Dave Kilroy
Thanks for your help with this Charles and others

Yesterday I got the same advice from HostM about using TLS  - "smtp://domain:port” and not "scheme://host:port/path: as it is in the dictionary

I’m so impressed with your external, it’s so fast and even fussy domains such as nhs.net email accounts accept emails sent by it without objection :)

I have a question to ask though, is it possible to include an attachment with the email?

Dave

> Hi Matthias,
>
> On 16/09/2016 8:46 AM, Matthias Rebbe wrote:
> > And here´s a simple script
> >

> > put TRUE into pSettings["use_ssl"]
> >
> > -- Note: when setting use_ssl to TRUE, then you have to use smtps:// --
> >

> That is not quite correct.
>
> Secure SMTP comes in two flavours, SSL and TLS.
>
> If you are using SMTP over SSL, then you just need a URL starting with
> "smtps://" and you do not need the "use_ssl" setting.
> If you are using SMTP over TLS, then you need a URL that looks like
> "smtp://mail.mydomain.com:587" and you must use the "use_ssl" setting to
> invoke TLS.
>
> I have taken the liberty to update Neil's LCMail stack with a few radio
> buttons, so that it generates the URL and adds the "use_ssl" setting
> only when appropriate.  You can download it here:
>
> https://downloads.techstrategies.com.au/tsnet/LCMail.livecode <https://downloads.techstrategies.com.au/tsnet/LCMail.livecode>
>
> As an aside, a similar concept applies when using FTPS in implicit or
> explicit mode:
>
> If you are using FTPS in implicit mode, then you just need a URL
> starting with "ftps://" and you do not need the "use_ssl" setting.
> If you are using FTPS in explicit mode, then you need a URL that starts
> with "ftp://" and you must use the "use_ssl" setting to invoke TLS.
>
> Regards,
>
> Charles
>

> > answer pResponseHeaders &return &tResult
> >
> > end mouseup
> >

> > HTH,
> >
> > Matthias
> >
> >> Am 15.09.2016 um 23:54 schrieb Matthias Rebbe <[hidden email] <http://runtime-revolution.278305.n4.nabble.com/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=4708493&i=0>>:
> >>
> >> Hi Mark,
> >>
> >> i just tried it with the stack from Neil Roger which is available here
> >> http://techsupport.on-rev.com/LCMail.zip <http://techsupport.on-rev.com/LCMail.zip> <http://techsupport.on-rev.com/LCMail.zip <http://techsupport.on-rev.com/LCMail.zip>>
> >> or an extended version, which includes also some FTP examples,here
> >> https://dl.dropbox.com/s/q4oec8uu3pcdgfj/index.html <https://dl.dropbox.com/s/q4oec8uu3pcdgfj/index.html> <https://dl.dropbox.com/s/q4oec8uu3pcdgfj/index.html <https://dl.dropbox.com/s/q4oec8uu3pcdgfj/index.html>>
> >>
> >> Are you referring to that sample stack?
> >>
> >> I just tried it. I have no problems using it to send an email through one of my  HostM email accounts to my iCloud email address.
> >>

> >> Matthias

Peter M. Brigham

Re: tsNet Qs

Matthias Rebbe | M-R-D
Dave,

as far is i know even with tsNet you have to base64encode the attachments and include them into the message body.

At http://lessons.livecode.com/m/4070/l/8184-sending-emails-from-livecode-server-scripts <http://lessons.livecode.com/m/4070/l/8184-sending-emails-from-livecode-server-scripts>

under “Adding Attachments" you will find some useful information how this can be done.

Matthias

> Am 16.09.2016 um 12:57 schrieb Dave Kilroy <[hidden email]>:
>
> Thanks for your help with this Charles and others
>
> Yesterday I got the same advice from HostM about using TLS  - "smtp://domain:port” and not "scheme://host:port/path: as it is in the dictionary
>
> I’m so impressed with your external, it’s so fast and even fussy domains such as nhs.net email accounts accept emails sent by it without objection :)
>
> I have a question to ask though, is it possible to include an attachment with the email?
>
> Dave
>

>> Hi Matthias,
>>
>> On 16/09/2016 8:46 AM, Matthias Rebbe wrote:
>>> And here´s a simple script
>>>

>>> put TRUE into pSettings["use_ssl"]
>>>
>>> -- Note: when setting use_ssl to TRUE, then you have to use smtps:// --
>>>

>> That is not quite correct.
>>
>> Secure SMTP comes in two flavours, SSL and TLS.
>>
>> If you are using SMTP over SSL, then you just need a URL starting with
>> "smtps://" and you do not need the "use_ssl" setting.
>> If you are using SMTP over TLS, then you need a URL that looks like
>> "smtp://mail.mydomain.com:587" and you must use the "use_ssl" setting to
>> invoke TLS.
>>
>> I have taken the liberty to update Neil's LCMail stack with a few radio
>> buttons, so that it generates the URL and adds the "use_ssl" setting
>> only when appropriate.  You can download it here:
>>
>> https://downloads.techstrategies.com.au/tsnet/LCMail.livecode <https://downloads.techstrategies.com.au/tsnet/LCMail.livecode>
>>
>> As an aside, a similar concept applies when using FTPS in implicit or
>> explicit mode:
>>
>> If you are using FTPS in implicit mode, then you just need a URL
>> starting with "ftps://" and you do not need the "use_ssl" setting.
>> If you are using FTPS in explicit mode, then you need a URL that starts
>> with "ftp://" and you must use the "use_ssl" setting to invoke TLS.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Charles
>>

>>> answer pResponseHeaders &return &tResult
>>>
>>> end mouseup
>>>

>>> HTH,
>>>
>>> Matthias

Re: tsNet Qs

Charles Warwick
Hi Dave,

Yes, you can include attachments in an e-mail.

The pData parameter to the tsNetSmtp* commands is the raw e-mail message
that you wish to send, complete with e-mail headers.

So to send an attachment, you need to build the e-mail as a multi-part
MIME message.

I have just updated the LCMail stack (thanks to Neil and Matthias for
that stack) to add an attachment when you click the "send" button.

It is at the same URL as before:

https://downloads.techstrategies.com.au/tsnet/LCMail.livecode

Cheers,

Charles

On 16/09/2016 8:57 PM, Dave Kilroy wrote:

> Thanks for your help with this Charles and others
>
> Yesterday I got the same advice from HostM about using TLS  - "smtp://domain:port” and not "scheme://host:port/path: as it is in the dictionary
>
> I’m so impressed with your external, it’s so fast and even fussy domains such as nhs.net email accounts accept emails sent by it without objection :)
>
> I have a question to ask though, is it possible to include an attachment with the email?
>
> Dave
>

>> Hi Matthias,
>>
>> On 16/09/2016 8:46 AM, Matthias Rebbe wrote:
>>> And here´s a simple script
>>>

>>> put TRUE into pSettings["use_ssl"]
>>>
>>> -- Note: when setting use_ssl to TRUE, then you have to use smtps:// --
>>>

>> That is not quite correct.
>>
>> Secure SMTP comes in two flavours, SSL and TLS.
>>
>> If you are using SMTP over SSL, then you just need a URL starting with
>> "smtps://" and you do not need the "use_ssl" setting.
>> If you are using SMTP over TLS, then you need a URL that looks like
>> "smtp://mail.mydomain.com:587" and you must use the "use_ssl" setting to
>> invoke TLS.
>>
>> I have taken the liberty to update Neil's LCMail stack with a few radio
>> buttons, so that it generates the URL and adds the "use_ssl" setting
>> only when appropriate.  You can download it here:
>>
>> https://downloads.techstrategies.com.au/tsnet/LCMail.livecode <https://downloads.techstrategies.com.au/tsnet/LCMail.livecode>
>>
>> As an aside, a similar concept applies when using FTPS in implicit or
>> explicit mode:
>>
>> If you are using FTPS in implicit mode, then you just need a URL
>> starting with "ftps://" and you do not need the "use_ssl" setting.
>> If you are using FTPS in explicit mode, then you need a URL that starts
>> with "ftp://" and you must use the "use_ssl" setting to invoke TLS.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Charles
>>

>>> answer pResponseHeaders &return &tResult
>>>
>>> end mouseup
>>>

>>> HTH,
>>>
>>> Matthias

Re: tsNet Qs

Skip Kimpel
Thank you so much for working on additional samples.  These are critical features many of us have wanted for a long time.  I was excited the other day when it was announced, immediately launched LC to "play" only to realize I didn't know enough, didn't have enough documentation and had no examples to work from.

Anything you can do to assist would be greatly helpful for all.  My particular interest are SMTP and SFTP.

Regards,

SKIP

> On Sep 16, 2016, at 5:27 AM, Charles Warwick <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Matthias,
>
> I agree, it really needs a lot more documentation and examples.
>
> That is something I am working on.  Feel free to send me any suggestions or feedback on the existing scripts and documentation, it is more than welcome!
>
> Regards,
>
> Charles
>

>> On 16/09/2016 7:53 PM, Matthias Rebbe wrote:
>> Hi Charles,
>>
>> thanks you very much  for clarifying. I will adjust my demo stack at my Dropbox also asap.
>>
>> But there you can see:
>> Your external is so powerful, but w/o useful sample scripts it´s very difficult to learn how to use the tsNet commands/functions directly.
>>
>> Regards,
>>

>> Matthias
>>

>>> Am 16.09.2016 um 11:34 schrieb Charles Warwick <[hidden email]>:
>>>
>>> Hi Matthias,

>>> That is not quite correct.
>>>
>>> Secure SMTP comes in two flavours, SSL and TLS.
>>>
>>> If you are using SMTP over SSL, then you just need a URL starting with "smtps://" and you do not need the "use_ssl" setting.
>>> If you are using SMTP over TLS, then you need a URL that looks like "smtp://mail.mydomain.com:587 <smtp://mail.mydomain.com:587>" and you must use the "use_ssl" setting to invoke TLS.
>>>
>>> I have taken the liberty to update Neil's LCMail stack with a few radio buttons, so that it generates the URL and adds the "use_ssl" setting only when appropriate.  You can download it here:
>>>
>>> https://downloads.techstrategies.com.au/tsnet/LCMail.livecode <https://downloads.techstrategies.com.au/tsnet/LCMail.livecode>
>>>
>>> As an aside, a similar concept applies when using FTPS in implicit or explicit mode:
>>>
>>> If you are using FTPS in implicit mode, then you just need a URL starting with "ftps://" and you do not need the "use_ssl" setting.
>>> If you are using FTPS in explicit mode, then you need a URL that starts with "ftp://" and you must use the "use_ssl" setting to invoke TLS.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Charles

Re: tsNet Qs

Matthias Rebbe | M-R-D

i have now upgraded my demo stack with Charles corrections and additions.
The stack includes smtp and ftp samples.
https://dl.dropbox.com/s/q4oec8uu3pcdgfj/index.html <https://dl.dropbox.com/s/q4oec8uu3pcdgfj/index.html>

@Charles
If you want, you can use that stack for further modifications and extend it with further examples.

Regards,

Matthias

Matthias Rebbe
Bramkampsieke 13
32312 Lübbecke
Tel +49 5741 310000
    +49 160 5504462
Fax: +49 5741 310002
eMail: [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>

BR5 Konverter - BR5 -> MP3 <http://matthiasrebbe.eu/portfolio/produkte/brx/>

> Am 16.09.2016 um 13:24 schrieb Charles Warwick <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>:
>
> Hi Dave,
>
> Yes, you can include attachments in an e-mail.
>
> The pData parameter to the tsNetSmtp* commands is the raw e-mail message that you wish to send, complete with e-mail headers.
>
> So to send an attachment, you need to build the e-mail as a multi-part MIME message.
>
> I have just updated the LCMail stack (thanks to Neil and Matthias for that stack) to add an attachment when you click the "send" button.
>
> It is at the same URL as before:
>
> https://downloads.techstrategies.com.au/tsnet/LCMail.livecode <https://downloads.techstrategies.com.au/tsnet/LCMail.livecode>
>
> Cheers,
>
> Charles
>

> On 16/09/2016 8:57 PM, Dave Kilroy wrote:
>> Thanks for your help with this Charles and others
>>
>> Yesterday I got the same advice from HostM about using TLS  - "smtp://domain:port” and not "scheme://host:port/path: as it is in the dictionary
>>
>> I’m so impressed with your external, it’s so fast and even fussy domains such as nhs.net email accounts accept emails sent by it without objection :)
>>
>> I have a question to ask though, is it possible to include an attachment with the email?
>>
>> Dave
>>

>>> Hi Matthias,

>>> That is not quite correct.
>>>
>>> Secure SMTP comes in two flavours, SSL and TLS.
>>>
>>> If you are using SMTP over SSL, then you just need a URL starting with
>>> "smtps://" and you do not need the "use_ssl" setting.
>>> If you are using SMTP over TLS, then you need a URL that looks like
>>> "smtp://mail.mydomain.com:587" and you must use the "use_ssl" setting to
>>> invoke TLS.
>>>
>>> I have taken the liberty to update Neil's LCMail stack with a few radio
>>> buttons, so that it generates the URL and adds the "use_ssl" setting
>>> only when appropriate.  You can download it here:
>>>
>>> https://downloads.techstrategies.com.au/tsnet/LCMail.livecode <https://downloads.techstrategies.com.au/tsnet/LCMail.livecode>
>>>
>>> As an aside, a similar concept applies when using FTPS in implicit or
>>> explicit mode:
>>>
>>> If you are using FTPS in implicit mode, then you just need a URL
>>> starting with "ftps://" and you do not need the "use_ssl" setting.
>>> If you are using FTPS in explicit mode, then you need a URL that starts
>>> with "ftp://" and you must use the "use_ssl" setting to invoke TLS.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Charles

Matthias Rebbe
Bramkampsieke 13
32312 Lübbecke
Tel +49 5741 310000
    +49 160 5504462
Fax: +49 5741 310002
eMail: [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>

BR5 Konverter - BR5 -> MP3 <http://matthiasrebbe.eu/portfolio/produkte/brx/>

Re: tsNet Qs

Skip Kimpel
Can't wait to check it out.. Thank you!

> On Sep 16, 2016, at 6:41 AM, Matthias Rebbe <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> i have now upgraded my demo stack with Charles corrections and additions.
> The stack includes smtp and ftp samples.
> https://dl.dropbox.com/s/q4oec8uu3pcdgfj/index.html <https://dl.dropbox.com/s/q4oec8uu3pcdgfj/index.html>
>

> @Charles
> If you want, you can use that stack for further modifications and extend it with further examples.
>
> Regards,
>
> Matthias
>

> Matthias Rebbe
> Bramkampsieke 13
> 32312 Lübbecke
> Tel    +49 5741 310000
>        +49 160 5504462
> Fax: +49 5741 310002
> eMail: [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
>
> BR5 Konverter - BR5 -> MP3 <http://matthiasrebbe.eu/portfolio/produkte/brx/>
>> Am 16.09.2016 um 13:24 schrieb Charles Warwick <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>:
>>
>> Hi Dave,
>>
>> Yes, you can include attachments in an e-mail.
>>
>> The pData parameter to the tsNetSmtp* commands is the raw e-mail message that you wish to send, complete with e-mail headers.
>>
>> So to send an attachment, you need to build the e-mail as a multi-part MIME message.
>>
>> I have just updated the LCMail stack (thanks to Neil and Matthias for that stack) to add an attachment when you click the "send" button.
>>
>> It is at the same URL as before:
>>
>> https://downloads.techstrategies.com.au/tsnet/LCMail.livecode <https://downloads.techstrategies.com.au/tsnet/LCMail.livecode>
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Charles
>>

>>> On 16/09/2016 8:57 PM, Dave Kilroy wrote:
>>> Thanks for your help with this Charles and others
>>>
>>> Yesterday I got the same advice from HostM about using TLS  - "smtp://domain:port” and not "scheme://host:port/path: as it is in the dictionary
>>>
>>> I’m so impressed with your external, it’s so fast and even fussy domains such as nhs.net email accounts accept emails sent by it without objection :)
>>>
>>> I have a question to ask though, is it possible to include an attachment with the email?
>>>
>>> Dave

> Matthias Rebbe
> Bramkampsieke 13
> 32312 Lübbecke
> Tel    +49 5741 310000
>        +49 160 5504462
> Fax: +49 5741 310002
> eMail: [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
>
> BR5 Konverter - BR5 -> MP3 <http://matthiasrebbe.eu/portfolio/produkte/brx/>

Re: tsNet Qs

Colin Kelly

The stack works fine on my mac but on Windows 10 I get the Error:
       “Error tsnetterr (6) could not resolve host:
       office365.com.
       returned from server”

Any ideas?

On 16/09/2016, 12:41, "use-livecode on behalf of Matthias Rebbe" <[hidden email] on behalf of [hidden email]> wrote:

    Hi,

> [...]

    >>> https://downloads.techstrategies.com.au/tsnet/LCMail.livecode <https://downloads.techstrategies.com.au/tsnet/LCMail.livecode>
    >>>
    >>> As an aside, a similar concept applies when using FTPS in implicit or
    >>> explicit mode:
    >>>
    >>> If you are using FTPS in implicit mode, then you just need a URL
    >>> starting with "ftps://" and you do not need the "use_ssl" setting.
    >>> If you are using FTPS in explicit mode, then you need a URL that starts
    >>> with "ftp://" and you must use the "use_ssl" setting to invoke TLS.
    >>>
    >>> Regards,
    >>>
    >>> Charles

    Matthias Rebbe
    Bramkampsieke 13
    32312 Lübbecke
    Tel +49 5741 310000
        +49 160 5504462
    Fax: +49 5741 310002
    eMail: [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>

It works like a dream!

Thank you all, this thread has been really helpful to me - I now know so much more about emails than I did before (which wasn’t hard considering what I knew before)

Kind regards

Dave

> Hi Dave,
>
> Yes, you can include attachments in an e-mail.
>
> The pData parameter to the tsNetSmtp* commands is the raw e-mail message
> that you wish to send, complete with e-mail headers.
>
> So to send an attachment, you need to build the e-mail as a multi-part
> MIME message.
>
> I have just updated the LCMail stack (thanks to Neil and Matthias for
> that stack) to add an attachment when you click the "send" button.
>
> It is at the same URL as before:
>
> https://downloads.techstrategies.com.au/tsnet/LCMail.livecode <https://downloads.techstrategies.com.au/tsnet/LCMail.livecode>
>
> Cheers,
>
> Charles

Peter M. Brigham

Re: tSettings["username"]

Dave Kilroy
Yep a v good question

I looked at Sarah Reichelt's smtp library (https://github.com/trozware/rev_stacks <https://github.com/trozware/rev_stacks>) to see how she did multiple recipients, but how she handles multiple recipients doesn’t help with tsNet…

AND I have another question - which is: how do we send html emails? Sarah’s library seems to have cracked this and I can see enough of the bones of how she did it (assuming it is still in date and works on tsNet) to be able to reconstruct it (but it does look very fiddly) - and when I have time I’ll give it a go as it would be nice to have it in the dementia app I’m working on - when/if I get it working I’ll post the script here…

Dave

> Great question... Awaiting responses...
>
> SKIP
>
> > On Sep 16, 2016, at 3:29 PM, Mark Clark <[hidden email] <http://runtime-revolution.278305.n4.nabble.com/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=4708547&i=0>> wrote:
> >
> > Thanks for all the help so far. I forgot to ask -- what is the best way to add multiple recipients, BCC, etc?
Peter M. Brigham

Re: tsNet Qs

Charles Warwick
Colin,

Is that . at the end of office365.com part of the address it is trying
to connect to?  If so, that would cause an issue.

If not, if you try and ping office365.com from a command prompt on the
Windows 10 machine, does it resolve the name to an IP address?

Regards,

Charles