vertical text?

Mark Waddingham via use-livecode
Hello,

Is there any trick or tweak to create real vertical text (rotated text field
by -90deg)?

Up to now, I workaround with an text img I rotated in photoshop.

Thanks

Tiemo

Re: vertical text?

Mark Waddingham via use-livecode
Tiemo,
I do this by creating a text field, putting the text into it, sizing it to just fit the text, capturing it to an image, rotating and placing the image of the text field, then deleting the source text field.
Bill

William Prothero
http://es.earthednet.org

> On Apr 11, 2017, at 8:42 AM, Tiemo Hollmann TB via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> Is there any trick or tweak to create real vertical text (rotated text field
> by -90deg)?
>
> Up to now, I workaround with an text img I rotated in photoshop.
>
> Thanks
>
> Tiemo

AW: vertical text?

Mark Waddingham via use-livecode
Ah, nice trick ;)
Thanks, Tiemo

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Is there any trick or tweak to create real vertical text (rotated text
> field by -90deg)?
>
> Up to now, I workaround with an text img I rotated in photoshop.
>
> Thanks
>
> Tiemo

Re: vertical text?

AndyP
Try This:

Add a field named "Input"

Add this script to the field

on returnInField
      send "mouseUp" to button "Format"
end returnInField

Add a button named "Format"

Add this script to the button

local tWidth
local tHeight
local tChars
local tCount
local tTemp

on mouseUp

   put the formattedWidth of char 1 of fld "Input" into tWidth
   put the formattedHeight of char 1 of fld "Input" into tHeight
   put the number of chars of fld "Input" into tChars
   set the Width of fld "Input" to tWidth*2

   put fld "Input" into tTemp
   put empty into fld "Input"
   repeat with tCount = 1 to tChars
      put char tCount of tTemp into char 1 of line tCount of fld "Input"
   end repeat
   filter fld "Input" without empty
   set the height of fld "Input" to the formattedHeight of fld "Input"
   set the leftMargin of fld "Input" to 2
   set the rightMargin of fld "Input" to 2
   set the topMargin of fld "Input" to 4
   set the bottomMargin of fld "Input" to 4
   set the textAlign of fld "Input" to center
   set the textHeight of fld "Input" to the textSize

end mouseUp

Now enter text into the field, when you hit return the field is resized to fit the now vertical text.
Andy Piddock

TinyIDE a Free alternative minimalist IDE Plugin for LiveCode TinyIDE

Script editor Themer for LC http://2108.co.uk

PointandSee is a FREE simple but full featured under cursor colour picker / finder. http://www.pointandsee.co.uk - made with LiveCode

AW: vertical text?

Mark Waddingham via use-livecode
Nice conversion!
But I was looking for a rotated text by -90 degrees.
Thanks Tiemo

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----