video conferencing with LiveCode?

Dave Kilroy
Hi all

Just received a query about an app/service that would allow face-to-face chat...

Have any of you managed to do this in LiveCode? And/or could you recommend a service a LiveCode app could hook into?

Thanks!

Dave
Peter M. Brigham

Re: video conferencing with LiveCode?

Mark Wilcox-2
> Just received a query about an app/service that would allow face-to-face
> chat...
>
> Have any of you managed to do this in LiveCode? And/or could you
> recommend a
> service a LiveCode app could hook into?

Almost all of the video chat APIs are built on WebRTC these days. That's
an open standard implemented in some (but not all - Safari is notably
absent) of the major browsers. There are native SDKs for mobile
platforms, plugins for older versions of Internet Explorer etc.

It's not currently enabled in the embedded browser in LiveCode (for
desktop platforms) as far as I know.

You certainly could implement WebRTC for LiveCode but it probably makes
more sense to do this as a web app.

Mark

--
  Mark Wilcox

Re: video conferencing with LiveCode?

Dave Kilroy
Thanks Mark, very useful info - if the client goes ahead the project will implemented in stages (text messaging first, video later) by which time we should have HTML5...

If and when I ever get video conferencing I'll report back here

Kind regards

Dave

Mark Wilcox-2 wrote