webP and webM support in LiveCode

Ben Rubinstein via use-livecode
On Sat, 26 Aug 2017, Monte Goulding wrote:
> I don?t think anyone is ruling anything out.

This is good news! :D

Hermann Hoch wrote:
> For webP you could use (from LC via shell) these
> free WebP utilities for Mac/Win/linux

Yes, LiveCode shell control is a real godsend for
working with command line programs, but we could
not use webP compressed images within our stacks
unless LC engine could decode them back to RGBA
images within LiveCode.

Al

Re: webP and webM support in LiveCode

Alejandro Tejada wrote:

 > Hermann Hoch wrote:
 >> For webP you could use (from LC via shell) these
 >> free WebP utilities for Mac/Win/linux
 >
 > Yes, LiveCode shell control is a real godsend for
 > working with command line programs, but we could
 > not use webP compressed images within our stacks
 > unless LC engine could decode them back to RGBA
 > images within LiveCode.

This sounds like a good opportunity for using FFI in a Widget.