Quantcast

where does the standalonebuilder saves the substacks in an Mac OS App?

where does the standalonebuilder saves the substacks in an Mac OS App?

Mark Talluto via use-livecode
Hi,

is it correct when the standalone settings of an stack are set to move substacks into individual stack files that under Mac OS X the substacks in an compiled app (e.g. test.app) are stored

in 'test.app/Contents/Resources/_MacOS/‘ instead of being stored in 'test.app/Contents/MacOS/'

And if this is correct, how do i open them? At the moment my button script (go stack …) , which works for Windows does not open the substacks in MacOS X.
If i move the substacks manually to 'test.app/Contents/MacOS/' then of course my scripts can open them w/o modification.

Never ran into this before, because  i needed individual substacks only under Windows in the past.

Am i missing something?

Regards,
Matthias

Re: where does the standalonebuilder saves the substacks in an Mac OS App?

On 3/14/17 6:58 PM, Matthias Rebbe via use-livecode wrote:
> is it correct when the standalone settings of an stack are set to
> move substacks into individual stack files that under Mac OS X the
> substacks in an compiled app (e.g. test.app) are stored
>
> in 'test.app/Contents/Resources/_MacOS/‘ instead of being stored in
> 'test.app/Contents/MacOS/'

Yes, Apple required that change a while ago.

> And if this is correct, how do i open them? At the moment my button
> script (go stack …) , which works for Windows does not open the
> substacks in MacOS X. If i move the substacks manually to
> 'test.app/Contents/MacOS/' then of course my scripts can open them
> w/o modification.

Apple doesn't want anything in the folder except the executable now. The
best way to handle the files is to use specialFolderPath("resources") as
the directory. That will alway point to the correct location on any OS.
On Mac, it specifies the Resources folder (and is a synonym for the
engine folder for legacy stacks.) So your path should be:

  specialFolderPath("resources") & "/stackname.livecode"

It will work on Windows too.

Re: where does the standalonebuilder saves the substacks in an Mac OS App?

Mark Talluto via use-livecode
Hi Jacqueline,

thanks for that hint. Seems i have missed that part..

Regards,

Matthias

> Am 15.03.2017 um 07:44 schrieb J. Landman Gay via use-livecode <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>:
>
> On 3/14/17 6:58 PM, Matthias Rebbe via use-livecode wrote:
>> is it correct when the standalone settings of an stack are set to
>> move substacks into individual stack files that under Mac OS X the
>> substacks in an compiled app (e.g. test.app) are stored
>>
>> in 'test.app/Contents/Resources/_MacOS/‘ instead of being stored in
>> 'test.app/Contents/MacOS/'
>
> Yes, Apple required that change a while ago.
>
>> And if this is correct, how do i open them? At the moment my button
>> script (go stack …) , which works for Windows does not open the
>> substacks in MacOS X. If i move the substacks manually to
>> 'test.app/Contents/MacOS/' then of course my scripts can open them
>> w/o modification.
>
> Apple doesn't want anything in the folder except the executable now. The best way to handle the files is to use specialFolderPath("resources") as the directory. That will alway point to the correct location on any OS. On Mac, it specifies the Resources folder (and is a synonym for the engine folder for legacy stacks.) So your path should be:
>
> specialFolderPath("resources") & "/stackname.livecode"
>
> It will work on Windows too.
>
> --
> Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
> HyperActive Software           |     http://www.hyperactivesw.com <http://www.hyperactivesw.com/>

Matthias Rebbe
Bramkampsieke 13
32312 Lübbecke
Tel +49 5741 310000
    +49 160 5504462
Fax: +49 5741 310002
eMail: [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>

BR5 Konverter - BR5 -> MP3 <http://matthiasrebbe.eu/portfolio/produkte/brx/>