windows standalone seems double the file size in every version past 8.14

windows standalone seems double the file size in every version past 8.14

Yeah...I've been trying to test my stack with versions that are past 8.14
in hopes that certain glitches are getting resolved..... and they are.

everything seems to be running fine...... BUT the standalone is twice the
size.

what could be causing that?  ...i've seen it a bunch of times now.

I once watched the folder when the standalone is built. and its your
.livecode file ..... that gets copied then renamed to exe file ..... by
what magic this all happens, I guess I will find out iby looking at the
build standalone code.

So I'm guessing something isn't getting erased.

any thoughts? i guess is should bug report it too.

Re: windows standalone seems double the file size in every version past 8.14

http://post.spmailt.com/f/a/xp5QWwMlcQSP9Swndh52_g~~/AAGp3AA~/RgRbkY6vP0EIACzYHIgHi1BXA3NwY1gEAAAAAFkGc2hhcmVkYQdoZWxsb18xYA4zNS4xNjAuMTgyLjE1NkIKAAAvW7BZvkMIqFIddXNlLWxpdmVjb2RlQGxpc3RzLnJ1bnJldi5jb20JUQQAAAAARDFodHRwOi8vcXVhbGl0eS5saXZlY29kZS5jb20vc2hvd19idWcuY2dpP2lkPTIwMzM5RwJ7fQ~~

On Wed, Sep 6, 2017 at 4:12 PM, Tom Glod <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Yeah...I've been trying to test my stack with versions that are past 8.14
> in hopes that certain glitches are getting resolved..... and they are.
>
> everything seems to be running fine...... BUT the standalone is twice the
> size.
>
> what could be causing that?  ...i've seen it a bunch of times now.
>
> I once watched the folder when the standalone is built. and its your
> .livecode file ..... that gets copied then renamed to exe file ..... by
> what magic this all happens, I guess I will find out iby looking at the
> build standalone code.
>
> So I'm guessing something isn't getting erased.
>
> any thoughts? i guess is should bug report it too.

Re: windows standalone seems double the file size in every version past 8.14

> On 7 Sep 2017, at 6:12 am, Tom Glod via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> everything seems to be running fine...... BUT the standalone is twice the
> size.

What platform? On mac if you build a universal app you will have standalones twice the size of a single architecture app.

Cheers

Monte

Re: windows standalone seems double the file size in every version past 8.14

> On 7 Sep 2017, at 11:54 am, Monte Goulding via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> What platform? On mac if you build a universal app you will have standalones twice the size of a single architecture app.

Sorry Tom

I guess I didn’t read the subject line very well :-(

Cheers

Monte