windows version broken?

Björnke von Gierke
Hi

Yesterday I tried to use MC on windows, and it would throw a ton of errors on any user action like opening the message box, changing the tool, etc. In addition it was impossible to look at any scripts, because it wouldn't actually show the relevant scripts in the script editor window. I also saw two stacks open in the "window" menu, that i hadn't ever seen on mac os x, but was unable to even look at them (stsScriptingTools and stsST_IntelliScript).

Most perplexing to me is that MC does have exactly zero of those problems on mac os x.

I asked Jacque and she said it might be the script editor itself who's throwing fits. Does anyone know what could be the cause of symptoms like that, and/or maybe someone already solved the problem?

Thanks for your Time
Björnke

--

Use an alternative Dictionary viewer:
http://bjoernke.com/bvgdocu/

Chat with other RunRev developers:
http://bjoernke.com/chatrev/

RE: windows version broken?

FlexibleLearning.com
Most peculiar, BvG. All working fine for me on Win7: v4.52, v5.02, v5.5,
v6.1 and v6.5 all using MC IDE 4.1

Maybe a re-install is needed?

Hugh Senior
FLCo

Re: windows version broken?

Ken Ray

On Feb 28, 2014, at 7:09 AM, Björnke von Gierke <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi

Yesterday I tried to use MC on windows, and it would throw a ton of errors on any user action like opening the message box, changing the tool, etc. In addition it was impossible to look at any scripts, because it wouldn't actually show the relevant scripts in the script editor window. I also saw two stacks open in the "window" menu, that i hadn't ever seen on mac os x, but was unable to even look at them (stsScriptingTools and stsST_IntelliScript).

Bjornke,

Those two stacks are ones in my development environment… I'm assuming that you're getting some error early on in MC's loading process before it gets a chance to reset the window menu and initialize MC properly.

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software, Inc.
Email: kray@...
Web Site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/

Re: windows version broken?

Björnke von Gierke
Thanks Ken & Hugh

Maybe this is a problem with the community version somehow? I shall try the commercial version and see if things work better there. Other then that, I guess there's no way for me to fix it, unless i can rename the home stack and open that in the LC IDE. Maybe I can also disable the gui stuff by going to lockMessages very early..

I'l try to poke around a bit, I hoped someone already knew this problem :-/

On 04.03.2014, at 02:18, Ken Ray <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Feb 28, 2014, at 7:09 AM, Björnke von Gierke <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> Yesterday I tried to use MC on windows, and it would throw a ton of errors on any user action like opening the message box, changing the tool, etc. In addition it was impossible to look at any scripts, because it wouldn't actually show the relevant scripts in the script editor window. I also saw two stacks open in the "window" menu, that i hadn't ever seen on mac os x, but was unable to even look at them (stsScriptingTools and stsST_IntelliScript).
>
> Bjornke,
>
> Those two stacks are ones in my development environment… I'm assuming that you're getting some error early on in MC's loading process before it gets a chance to reset the window menu and initialize MC properly.
>

> Ken Ray
> Sons of Thunder Software, Inc.
> Email: [hidden email]

Use an alternative Dictionary viewer:
http://bjoernke.com/bvgdocu/

Chat with other RunRev developers:
http://bjoernke.com/chatrev/

Re: windows version broken?

Richard Gaskin
On 3/3/14 5:40 PM, Björnke von Gierke wrote:

> I'l try to poke around a bit, I hoped someone already knew this problem :-/

Less likely these days. With the rapid rate of change in the LC engine
and the improved stability of the LC IDE in recent years, most of us
have migrated our effort from attempting to maintain a relevant
alternative IDE to simply porting any unique tools for compatibility
with the LC IDE.

There's still arguably a role for a lean IDE like MC as a test bed for
discerning whether a given issue encountered in LC is in the engine or
the IDE.   But given the many enhancements in the engine, attempting to
maintain MC as a productive alternative delivered a lower ROI than
simply moving the things we like about it into LC.

  Fourth World
  Follow me on Twitter:  http://twitter.com/FourthWorldSys

Re: windows version broken?

Björnke von Gierke

> There's still arguably a role for a lean IDE like MC as a test bed for discerning whether a given issue encountered in LC is in the engine or the IDE.   But given the many enhancements in the engine, attempting to maintain MC as a productive alternative delivered a lower ROI than simply moving the things we like about it into LC.
> --
> Richard Gaskin

Seems your opinion does not apply to my reasons :)

On 3/4/14 8:02 AM, Björnke von Gierke wrote:

>> There's still arguably a role for a lean IDE like MC as a test bed for discerning whether a given issue encountered in LC is in the engine or the IDE.   But given the many enhancements in the engine, attempting to maintain MC as a productive alternative delivered a lower ROI than simply moving the things we like about it into LC.
>> --
>> Richard Gaskin
>
> Seems your opinion does not apply to my reasons :)

Apparently.  What are you looking to do with MC?