xpaj-gen infection?

Mark Wieder via use-livecode
i decided to try out avast for mac, and almost immediately i got a message
that one of our compiled LC windoze apps is infected with xpaj-gen.  I
don't see this topic mentioned anywhere.  Sophos didn't ever see anything,
and neither did Norton.  So maybe it's a false positive, and maybe it's
something else that everyone but I know about.

   and did a little diving.
And God said, "This is good."

RE: xpaj-gen infection?

Mark Wieder via use-livecode
This was reported on the forum back in 2016 and again in 2018.
http://forums.livecode.com/viewtopic.php?t=26873

From RG:
"Probably a false positive. There was a rash of false positives for LC
standalones several years ago with AVG, and after some of us contacted AVG
they were able to refine their detection patterns. You may want to contact
Avast and see what can be done."

I agree. I contacted Kaspersky once and they fixed a false positive in less
than 24 hours.

Ralph DiMola
IT Director
Evergreen Information Services
[hidden email]

--
On the first day, God created the heavens and the Earth On the second day,
God created the oceans.